HybridZ
Home Built by Jeff

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

23 hours ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

Haha, bog is what it is called here in Aus'. No idea where it comes from. I assume 'bondo' is or was a brand name of body filler in the US and has just become the term.

Correct, Bondo is 3M's brand name and became a standard term. I suppose "body filler" is what the pro's call it. Bog is way better. 

If you open up closed sections of the unibody like the sills and frame rails you'll find that they are most likely covered with surface rust so "rust free" is a relative term when talking about these old Datsuns! :P  I may have missed it but did you do a thorough inspection for rust under the car?  Frame rails and of course, floor pans are common areas for rust.

I'm enjoying the videos! Keep it up!

Cheers,

Ross

The shell is really clean. I didn't cut open the frame rails, but I did have a thorough look under neath and it is really clean. I don't believe the removable panels are original to the car. My guess is that they were swapped out from an early car, as their condition doesn't match the shell.

I'd keep the rear bumper on. Only reason not to is for heavily modified cars or those that don't use the front. Weirdly enough, some of the cars from Star Road that have the full length front grill and bumper deletes are still using the rear bumper. I think it looks unbalanced.

As far as the bonnet is concerned, for the cost of a new original one you could have one from carbon fiber. Of course some people have complained about small fitment issues with those as well, so it depends on what you're after. 

27 minutes ago, Zetsaz said:

As far as the bonnet is concerned, for the cost of a new original one you could have one from carbon fiber. Of course some people have complained about small fitment issues with those as well, so it depends on what you're after. 

That is one of the main reasons I am sticking with the one I have. I think the CF bonnet look is getting old these days and I would spend just as much time getting to fit properly (life the FG one on my 911).

1 hour ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

That is one of the main reasons I am sticking with the one I have. I think the CF bonnet look is getting old these days and I would spend just as much time getting to fit properly (life the FG one on my 911).

That's the same reason I go back and forth on it in the future. If I did buy something like that in carbon, I would try to get a carbon or fiberglass hatch as well and match them to whatever paint I had on the rest of the car. 

Your front bumper actually looked normal Like mine when I installed it. I believe your suppose to have the bracket loose ( the 2 main in the middle) mount the corners then go back and tighten it all. I could be wrong buts thats how I did it altough you wanted to tuck yours in a bit more.