HybridZ

Clutch master cylinder pedal connection

I installed an after market Tilton clutch master cylinder, you can see in the picture the rod from the master cylinder does not line up with the clutch pedal. The rod is offset by about 3/4". The 240Z was missing the master cylinder, so I did not see how it was connected. How does the rod connect to the clutch pedal?

image.jpeg

I don't remember running into any issues when I installed my pedal assembly/master cylinder but I have a 280z and it appears as though there are slight differences.  If you look here, it looks like their pedal has a bracket welded to the pedal to correct the offset.  http://www.jdmjunkies.ch/wordpress/2015-10-28/240z-pedal-box-throttle-pedal-assembly/  I noticed the same thing in a few other pictures.  

And if you read this thread, it sounds like the same issue you have as a result of trying to use a 280z pedal in a 240z pedal box.  

1 hour ago, mrk3cobra said:

20170925_192347.jpg

This picture is of a "late" clutch pedal - used in a 260Z and 280Z.  The 240Z clutch pedal was different - made of thinner steel and curved along it's length to add strength.  At some point (1973ish...) the brake booster was changed and a larger booster was used.  The clutch master was moved farther away from the brake master due to the larger diameter of the new booster.  The pedal box and clutch pedal changed also.  Looks like you need an actual 240Z clutch pedal.

59caaf7325c41_WP_20170926_12_46_26_Pro1.thumb.jpg.81072dfe393ce3e10cdd41196cf13ebe.jpg