HybridZ

Front 3 Cylinders Not Running

Zreddy

Haven't posted in a long time, for the reason I never had any problems.  But recently, I put the car back together, and it ran without any trouble.  Then weirdly enough, after starting the car again, the rear 3 cylinders were the only ones running?!

Tested:

*Compression 150psi all across

*All spark plugs are firing

*Fuel Injectors - the 3 rear cylinders are firing/running, so shouldn't the front 3 injectors/cylinders be firing also?

I am so confused, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sigh....

13 hours ago, jthom5147 said:

Some ideas:

check plugs for fuel fouling.

check ignition coil wiring to see if you swapped some around and it's trying to fire out of order.

more details could help.

Plugs looked fine, weren't soaked.  Thinking outside the box here, but when soldering wire, is there a possibly that wire could get damaged from heat?

On 10/4/2017 at 4:36 PM, jthom5147 said:

The metal? Not really, unless it was broken during handling.

The coating / insulation? Absolutely. A short in the coil wires could cause spark issue. A bad ground as well.

Got it running, I think I just need fuel.... LOL

That's what happens when you haven't worked on the car in awhile... SMH. Thanks for the help bro!

• 1 month later...

It takes 3 thing to make a motor run AIR, spark and fuel.  If you  have all 3 it should run.  so one is missing.. Have injectors been cleaned??   WE find on used JDM motors usually 1 to half of them clogged, dripping so that could be it..  New plugs???  if you have access to CONSULT have a balance test done.