HybridZ

2jz Megasquirt help

jr_soliz2010

If you can have someone do the harness for you then great, otherwise there will be a lot of crimping and it sucks after a while :)

You might also want to start with fuel only. Essentially start with having the old computer and harness inplace and only add what you need for fuel. Once you get that working you can start remove stuff. Also you don't need TPS and all the fancy feature to get going. This is a project where incremental changes will save you a lot of time.

And finally do timing. This is how I did it on my L28. 

If you just start with 10000 things then you don't know what's wrong.

To clarify, don't reuse the old existing hardnes..

Edited by turbogrill

• 4 weeks later...

Actually.. FWIW, that stock nippondenso distributor has all the info you'll need for full seq. It's got 3 vr sensors built in; g1, g2, ne. 4th pin is common ground. You would use g2,ne, and gnd. I can't give the ne wheel any review though, I'm using the 36-2 as my primary input and the g2 for cam input. Not sure what you have for a motor but if you pulled it from a 96-97 you're in luck because it came with the 36-2 on the crank snout as well as the dizzy. Let me know if you need any other info. 

• 1 month later...

No unfortunately i picked up a 95 non vvti dizzy 2jzge. I was able to connect all the wires to the best of my knowedge and my ecu connects to my laptop. I have 12v to injectors and coils and other sensors 5v. My tps reads backwards. At closed throttle it reads 80 percent open. At WOT it reads close to zero. Tried swapping the wires out and no change. I already contacted softopz. Im wondering, is using the oem harness and a plug and play ecu better? I dont care whether i use a dizzy or coils. Stock injectors or aftermarket. I just wanna drive my car. 300 hp is plenty. THe car has no reinforcements whatsoever but i wanna get this wiring out of the way before moving on to other things. 

Quite simply if your TPS is reading like that then you have it wired wrong. You just can't swap the wires around willy nilly, because if you swap them wrong you can actually end up with the same output from the TPS with wires in different positions. 

Most TPS sensor are 3 wire and they have a 5 Volt reference, a sensor ground ( back to the ECU ) and  a variable TPS output. There are several combinations of wiring that won't work. properly, but only one way of wiring that will work. 

TPS wiring also varies by clockwise or counter clockwise rotation. GM and Ford sensors have both rotations and they have different wiring at the connecting plug. 

Find a schematic for your particular make and model of TPS sensor. Creative use of Google should find that answer in under 5 minutes. 

Yes you have your TPS wires crossed looking at a 2jz TPS in a FSM will tell you which one is 5vref, ground and output. And you still have to calibrate your TPS signal in tunerstudio.

Secondly Having power to coils and injectors means half the battle you are most likely not getting a tach signal (to fire them via MS ground ) or you are getting fuel and spark just not getting it at the right event. Everything revolves around the tach signal .  Which leads me to my next question are you getting a tach signal during cranking in tuner studio RPM gauge? Sorry I pmed you concerning l28et distributor wiring you never mentioned to me in PM what your setup was . Before I make you a harness your problem could be easily done with a bit of research and help here on the forums. If you want me to make a harness thats fine by me to!

You sound young we were all at that age and we just wanna get shit done and enjoy the project that feels like its been an eternity already . But seriously slow down, do it right the first time, dont cut corners and research research will go along ways! 

NOW  go download the FSM for your engine, and even the dizzy specifically which engine it came from. TELL us how you wired your distributor.

Also simple but overlooked thing always happens your 12v source for CAS input and MS input should have power when cranking! 

On 1/2/2018 at 4:30 AM, softopz said:

Yes you have your TPS wires crossed looking at a 2jz TPS in a FSM will tell you which one is 5vref, ground and output. And you still have to calibrate your TPS signal in tunerstudio.

Secondly Having power to coils and injectors means half the battle you are most likely not getting a tach signal (to fire them via MS ground ) or you are getting fuel and spark just not getting it at the right event. Everything revolves around the tach signal .  Which leads me to my next question are you getting a tach signal during cranking in tuner studio RPM gauge? Sorry I pmed you concerning l28et distributor wiring you never mentioned to me in PM what your setup was . Before I make you a harness your problem could be easily done with a bit of research and help here on the forums. If you want me to make a harness thats fine by me to!

You sound young we were all at that age and we just wanna get shit done and enjoy the project that feels like its been an eternity already . But seriously slow down, do it right the first time, dont cut corners and research research will go along ways! 

NOW  go download the FSM for your engine, and even the dizzy specifically which engine it came from. TELL us how you wired your distributor.

Also simple but overlooked thing always happens your 12v source for CAS input and MS input should have power when cranking! 

Well said, how many times have we re done something because we rushed through it LOL...

I am at that " I want to drive my car" stage again..this time with body work..blah LOL