HybridZ

200hp on stock internals?

datsun_dom

Hey guys my name is dom. I have a late model 260z and want to do a rebuild. Right now I'm not ready to do a swap so I would prefer to not go down that road basically I wanna know with either tuned SU carbs or the 4bbl holley conversion, headers, ported and polished head and upgraded cam could I break 200 hp without having to upgrade the bottom end. I'm gonna go through it and replace all the bearings and rings. Juts wanna know if its possible or what else I would need to upgrade for this and what setups u have if u did it

• 2 weeks later...

You won't get anywhere near 200 hp to the rear wheels without rebuilding your bottom end on an L26. Certainly never happen running SU carbs with that rebuilt head. They won't deliver near the fuel and air you need especially if you change the compression ratio and get a racier cam.  Go to Triple Webers or Mikunis.  In fact, I'd buy the Webers/Mikunis first.  I run triple Weber 40s on my L24 with a basically stock head and bottom end.  Probably around 155 to the rear wheels which is more than enough to kick butt on the race track in my classification.  Definitely dyno your car before you begin.  You will be surprised at your baseline number.  When I started my L24 put 117 to the rear wheels.  And it was a helluva lot of fun.