HybridZ

KW V3 Coilovers for the S30

I have a friend who has KW V3 on his Audi TT-RS. The quality is great, he's had it for about a year now and hasn't had any issues.

Compared to his stock suspension, the ride is stiffer, but surprisingly comfortable. The ride quality doesn't feel harsh like cheaper coilovers.

For autocross, he would like to increase the springs rates, but the springs on his V3s are progressive springs and isn't cheap to change out. Looks like the springs on the V3 for the Z are linear springs so changing them out may be pretty simple! I've been contemplating on getting the T3s, but may go with KW if I can actually find them.

I got BC coilovers for my Mazda 2 and the rear shock started leaking after 3 months. I tried contacting BC several times, but still can't get them to reply. If you go to the BC facebook page, you'll see many people complaining about their support.

17 hours ago, Zetsaz said:

Anyone have any experience on KW quality for other cars that they can speak of? Would be a great bolt in alternative to the current monopoly by T3. BC is a great option but still requires cutting and welding. 

They're considered to be some of the best you can get. Had a set in my 180SX and they were amazing.

The fact that this question of price is being asked, KW's aren't for most people.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.tf-works.com/brands/KW-Suspension.html

Edit: Nevermind the fact the S30 ones will only be offered in V3 (since that is what is debuting), and the fact that they are unique from most all KW's other stuff in that they have a spindle and caliper mount.

Edited by JavelinZ

11 hours ago, JavelinZ said:

The fact that this question of price is being asked, KW's aren't for most people.

It's not so much that, it's that until now your only options were really BC, which are as close as you get to a bolt in solution, but they're still just middle of the road. Or you go with T3 bolt in setup, which is nice as a bolt in option but is still basically just a prefabbed ground control kit, or you spend all the time building your own which has been the most cost effective for someone wanting anything higher quality. If these are a true bolt in solution and they ride better than most of these other options from such a good manufacturer, they're still worth the extra money, it's just nice information to have. 

The setup of the V3 itself is the same throughout the entire line. It’s just now there’s fitment for our S30’s. You can find reviews on them from C63’s to M3’s to etc. I’m super hyped about these because I’ve been eyeing a set of V3’s for my 63. I was looking for information like release dates and price.

Edited by miky360

• 3 weeks later...