HybridZ
nzarano

vintage air drain hose

Does anyone know where to attach the drain hose to a vintage air gen 2 mini? been looking around and cant seem to find where it attaches :/, thinking its probably a good idea i find where it goes before starting the system

It is located on the back side, toward the bottom, approximately center left to right. Its a right angle barb fitting. It should have come with a short length of hose to put on it. 

I have one in the box at home, I can take a pic for you this evening. 

a picture of where to connect to it on the evaporator would be great! its in a tough spot so spending alot of time looking around is a pain... it did come with the hose but no clear instructions on really where to connect it to

Hey man, my apologies. I ended up having to send that evaporator back (it was the wrong unit). I should have it back next week. 

Here is an image I found on google, I added an arrow to the drain location. If you take a pic of the bottom of yours I can point it out. 

AC Drain.jpg

Here is a better photo. In the box there should be a short length of nylon tubing that pushes on the barb fitting, this then has to be routed outside the car, and has to be sloped downward (gravity drain). I am waiting for my replacement to come to figure out exactly where I will route it. 

Gen11.jpg

1 minute ago, nzarano said:

how bad would it be to leave the drain hose out of the instal? haha

No problem. Just keep a wet vac in the trunk and suck your carpets dry every couple of days.

I drilled a hole in the tunnel and ran the hose through there with about 1" sticking out under the car. Just make sure the hose always runs downhill.