HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Tofuninja12

Rear Bumper Patch?

5 hours ago, Namor said:

That's the lower rear valance.  Outside of cutting a replacement from a donor car, the only replacement I know of is from Zedd Findings http://www.datsunzparts.com/products.html  

Be aware that this piece will need some fitting to work. The original piece is slightly curved, and based on what I've heard, that replacement piece is straight. I would try to fix the original piece before cutting it out and welding.

42 minutes ago, rturbo 930 said:

Be aware that this piece will need some fitting to work. The original piece is slightly curved, and based on what I've heard, that replacement piece is straight. I would try to fix the original piece before cutting it out and welding.

Ok, i will try to straighten, thank you for the tips

21 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

Thanks, that is really good to know.  I had considered getting it to repair my valance because I have a replacement from a donor, but with all the spot weld holes drilled, it is going to require quite a bit of work.  I can patch holes though, shaping flat sheet metal, not so much.  

I wanted to make sure I was remembering that correctly so I tracked down the source:

On 1/18/2013 at 3:27 PM, 240zip said:

I ordered the inner wheel arches directly from Tabco I believe.  BTW, we ordered the MSA rear valance piece.  It's not curved like OEM so we ended up not using it.  Likewise, we have extra pieces from the full rear quarters I had that I didn't use.  It's pieces from the wheel arches on back towards the rear.  I'll post pictures of the extra metal we have in the classified section to see if there's any interest.  I have two extra rear hatches now too.  One with glass, one without.  Also have part of a front fender.  I see you're in the UK so all this is likely moot.  BTW love that UK car show, Wheeler Dealers.  Those guys need to restore a 240Z. 

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/110898-rust-repair-on-a-1972-240z/