HybridZ

S550 2015 mustang brake upgrade swap thread

Did some digging around, and I'm going to get an adapter set made to adapt the 240z spindles to s550 disc brake mounting points.  This are massive brakes that sell for pennies on the dollar.  Good for the guys with 800 hp ls v8s and 2jz setups.  

Going to use 65 mustang hubs which have the same A2 and A6 inner and outer bearings as the 240z spindles.  Still got some fitting to do, more to come later.

We are talking 4 piston 14 inch brakes for under $200 sometimes.  Or 15 inch monster 6 piston brembos setup if your heart desires.

Anyways, let me know if anyone would be interested, I'll be building the setup for my own 240z, but if 5 or 6 people want some, I will make extras.

I did something similar for 1968 dodge chargers and people love them.  Made an adapter that allowed use of 2014 mustang brakes on drum hubs and people have been buying and using them with great results, so I'm not new to designing something that works and offering it to people.  I'll post pictures as I make progress.  Currently dealing with a child who has a fatal heart defect so this may take a few months, but this is something I'm seriously designing right now to go along with the super 8.8 rear irs conversion I'm developing...

The idea is to have a balanced braking system off a 2015 mustang complete, front and rear, no mismatch.

Edited by Invincibleextremes