HybridZ

76 280z seat mount location/specs

Hey Gang,

So finally got around to clearing everything out from inside the 76 280Z. I knew that he did some work on the floor pan, and I also knew he threw out the seats. What I did not know was that he did not save the seat mounts from the floors. That dick bag.

What do I need to do? Fab the mounts? That’s my thought. I’m gonna get the racing seats from MSA in the long run, and and they have the bracket that I can purchase and use that as the template for making the mounts. I would only then need the location narrowed down. I’m 6’3 so space is kinda tight, can’t really afford to give much of it away lol.

E7F58CD1-66EF-4BDF-9373-07FE0F7FB40E.jpeg

Get the seats first;   If you"re 6'3 test your but in the seats you are thinking of,

alot of them are VERY narrow.  You will find that the big tunnel bumpout,  will be where most of your work will be concentrated.

In order to get the seat low enough - and toward the center of the car...    So the door will close..

If I was doing it again I think I would cut that whole shaped section out, and replace it with flat material.

2 hours ago, 280zzzzz said:

If I was doing it again I think I would cut that whole shaped section out, and replace it with flat material.

Right, forgot about that. Yeah, that hump is gonna have to go. I have a '76 as well, and I've been thinking about how to best deal with that. I think I'd probably try hammering it out first before cutting and welding.