HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Tonyorlo

New to Zs from WV

I've been on this forum a few times during my searches for megasquirt answers. I recently acquired a 74 260z. The guy that owned it bought it in the late 70s, during the 80s he auto crossed it and ran it on the road courses. It's sat since 91 in his garage, now that's he's older the car is going to too much for him to tackle to get it back on the road. I asked to get a chance to buy it if ever decides to sell it. Well he ended up giving it to me, he just wants to see it back on the road again someday. He's owned half a dozen zs theought the years and collected a ton of parts. He's giving me them all as well as he un burys them. 

I got it to my garage yesterday, after doing a quick once over on it it's going to need both full floor pans, rockers, doors and a new hatch. He's giving me the doors and hatches that he has. He installed fiberglass fenders, and he said the rockers and quarters are glass as well. He's got a fiberglass hood for it. 

Ive always wanted to build a "wide body" car and being that this one is not in perfect shape I think it's a good candidate for that. I've found the quarters and fenders I like from ztrix.com. 

I'm a "Chevy guy" but I like and respect all engines. As easy as it would be to throw a sbc or LS engine in I want to stay with a Nissan 6cyl. If I didn't go with a Nissan then it would be getting a Buick V6. I would like to make 200-250 n/a horsepower. 

I am going to try to gather all the parts for it before I tear into it. I have to finish my current project a 72 ghia. I want to make a hot street car out of it. It will be auto crossed and road raced on occasion. I plan to come back to here for answers. 

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

IMG_1693.JPG

IMG_1695.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1705.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

• Like 1

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Thanks for the comment on the ghia!

Im from Wheeling, I pass through Parkersburg often when I am headed to Charleston for work. Your not going to find too many solid Zs in this state lol. 

He has slowly been dropping off parts at my house. Once I get everything I will see what I have and what I need and get a game plan. I've always bought parts for vehicles as I built them, but I think for this one I want to have 90% of the parts bought before I ever turn a wrench on it.