HybridZ

1975 280z project for sale - Sold

Madovic

1975 280z project for sale.

This car has a ton of parts and work already done.  I started this to be used for NASA Time Trials, but am now more interested in Vintage racing.  Pretty much nothing from this project is usable for vintage racing (1972 cutoff).  The car is located in central Texas and I am asking $3k but am open to serious offers.

The car:

1975 280z body is straight.  Floor pans and frame rails professionally replaced.  All insulation already stripped from car.  I have fixed every spot of rust that I’ve found, it is currently a uni-body sitting on a body dolly (to be included if desired), so it can be moved around easily.  I have a clear Texas title in my name.  It would only take a few hours to have this car ready to be media blasted.

Although not pictured, both the doors & the hood are in good shape and still with the car.

The Parts (never run):

·   Arizona Z Car

o   Front hubs billit with long lugs (clear anodized, not grey)

·   Chequered Flag Racing stub axels with longer studs

· 2 Polished valve covers

· 1 polished diff cover

Parts that are used or refurbished

· Professionally rebuilt r200 limited slip diff with 3.90 gears with finned 300zxt diff cover

· Original (working well) R200 3.55 open diff

· Spare r200 open diff with 3.55 gears in pieces would need a full rebuild

· 2 L28E complete engines & ECUs.  One was running last fall when removed, the other was a spare that I never tested.

· Datsun 4 speed transmission

· All of the stock suspension

Things missing:

·         Stock interior (I have a lot of it, but it isn't in very good shape)

·         Car has not been caged yet

There are a LOT of other parts not listed like tow hooks, fiberglass bumpers, spoilers and  removable Momo steering wheel and just a ton of miscellaneous stuff.  I would prefer to sell it all together.

I've added a number of photos to a dropbox so everyone can see some of what is on offer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xnzplgkqcqqrqhu/AAD4KauraN_5V3IEAyiQZBFBa?dl=0

PM me if you are interested.

Tim

Edited by Madovic
Typo

I have now purchased a 1972 Porsche so I need this out of the garage to prep the new car for the spring season.  If nobody wants it by the end of the year, it will be moving to the parts for sale section.  There is a LOT of stuff to go with this car and I took the least flattering pictures I could to show all the warts and problems.  I don't want anyone surprised by the car if they take it.  I would really like to see this go as a bundle, it is a great project, I just have too many things going on to do it currently.

All serious offers considered.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I have sold almost everything that was listed, including the body of the car.  Once I get everything shipped out and get things organized I'll list more stuff in parts-for-sale, most of which will be smaller items.

Thanks to all for the great response, and good luck with your projects.  First race with the new car is end of February so a lot of work to do on that now.

Tim