HybridZ
Invincibleextremes

5 lug, 4 wheel big disc brake, and coilovers for pennies using 2014 mustang spindle and brakes

Posted (edited)

How do you position the ball joints before welding? Do you have some kind of jig to hold things so that your work is consistent and  precise? Would love to see something about your differential swap too.

Edited by wrenchtech

Working on the rear at the same time, I should have it all together in a few days and have more pictures.

The ball joint is the stub cut off the 2014 mustang lower, and I trace it and cut off the pocket for the factory datsun ball joint location.  Then locate the mustang stub on the control arm and weld away.  Next to impossible to mess up... there's nowhere for it to be besides exactly where you cut out for it, because you traced it in the first place...

7 hours ago, wrenchtech said:

How do you position the ball joints before welding? Do you have some kind of jig to hold things so that your work is consistent and  precise? Would love to see something about your differential swap too.

There's a thread in the drivetrain forum about the diff swap.  You can also follow my work on my youtube channel or it's Facebook page.  Www.youtube.com/invincibleextremes 

When you get back keep me posted!!! Are you in Portland? I live in Washington, so I’m not too far... maybe when you have your car back together I can come check it out.  I’m petty much planning on following your foot steps and swapping my car like you did yours

On 6/14/2018 at 7:00 AM, Suchfun240z said:

When you get back keep me posted!!! Are you in Portland? I live in Washington, so I’m not too far... maybe when you have your car back together I can come check it out.  I’m petty much planning on following your foot steps and swapping my car like you did yours

Yeah, hit me up

56 minutes ago, takeuchi said:

What specific parts are the inner tie rods and the steering rack? 

Will the same one work for left hand drive?

Yes the same will work for left hand drive.  The videos go into detail on anything you need.  Just finished up the dash and put in the steering column as well.