HybridZ
240zdex

2jzge swap in progress

13 minutes ago, seattlejester said:

Finding someone who says they can weld is pretty easy, do your diligence now rather than later, you want to see some test pieces and make sure he shows you the welds before he goes and covers them up with paint or seam sealer. These are really structural pieces take caution.

Stay away from cosmo. It is just a spring setup with an adjustable perch, might as well go with a ground control kit at that point which has way more options, better design, and you can convert to a camber top.

Those star wheels are pretty neat, but looks like the most they come with is 5.5 aka 0 offset. You might be able to run them with real thin coilovers, but you would want almost an inch more outboard probably via spacer if you wanted to fill out flares, that is quite a massive weight package.

For the effort, I would say trying to find a cd009 over the cd001 you have would be beneficial.

I'd almost say making sure the trans fits would be better before you went and welded in the floors, once you weld new floors in it kind of locks the trans tunnel in place makes it harder to stretch out or manipulate. Granted I guess you can't really hammer the trans tunnel without a solid connection to bend around. Looks like you have an earlier Z which means quite a bit of material removal will be required. Might be worth taking a look at how you want everything to fit and then try and build around it rather then weld everything and have to cut it up to make room again.

Depending on how bad the floor is it may be easier to just put in a new floor and it will be cheaper to if you just make it flat.

Ive seen his welds and they look great on his g35 he’s building.

good to know about the cosmo set up.

the star wheels can be custom ordered up to 10 inch wide and 16 inch wheels with custom back spacing for about $8 more per wheel.

the cd001 trans I had gotten was super cheap and I’ve been keeping an eye open on a cd009 and in my parts of the woods everybody wants top dollar to the point where buying one from Nissan seems like the best choice after I get the car driving.

i like the idea about fitting the drivetrain in then welding in the floors I’ll see about doing it that way.

i had already bought a drivers floor pan knowing how bad it was.

both guys (Dave and tommie) said the passenger side is  repairable.

the chassis on working with now is a 73.

43 minutes ago, seattlejester said:

Good to know on the wheels I do have a soft spot for 5 spokes, is the option when you order direct from us wheel?

They don’t sell to the public but will answer your questions on sizes they can do and the sales guy I had referred me to use jegs for my order.

so I called jegs waited on hold for a bit and told the sales guy what they had said so he put me on hold and called us wheel and spoke with another sales guy and confirmed they can be done in my size and provided me with a quote plus shipping to my door.