HybridZ

New Haven, CT area members - Need L6 block for dry sump project

inline6

I'm in contact with Moroso about making a custom dry sump oil pan.  They want a block for fitment testing.  Any members live nearby that could sell me a block?  And, if I could pay you to drop it off, let me know.  I realize this may be a far fetched request, but I thought I'd run it by hybridz'ers and see.  I just need a junk block... L-24, L-26, or L-28, anything L in a six cylinder - doesn't matter which. 

Unless someone here can help, I'll have to source a block (maybe not so nearby) and have it shipped.  I'll update this thread with another address if this one isn't where the block needs to go.

If anyone else is interested in information about the dry sump pan, shoot me a pm.  If there is interest, I'll set up a group buy thread.

Moroso Performance Products 
80 Carter Drive 
Guilford, CT 06437

Im up in western mass. I have some spare l26 engines and a spare f54 block with turbo insides. The turbo block is worth more money id say but it isnt going to use sitting under a tarp. For the right price i could drop it off but no idea when.. i actually got the block in new haven. Small world.

22 hours ago, MerloZ said:

Im up in western mass. I have some spare l26 engines and a spare f54 block with turbo insides. The turbo block is worth more money id say but it isnt going to use sitting under a tarp. For the right price i could drop it off but no idea when.. i actually got the block in new haven. Small world.

Maybe PM me the pricing you'd like to get for the block, and for delivery?  That address is the correct one.

I heard back from Moroso today, and they said the cost of the aluminum dry sump pan would probably run $700-$800.  Not bad at all. 

Edited by inline6

On 12/10/2017 at 11:24 AM, inline6 said:

I'm in contact with Moroso about making a custom dry sump oil pan.  They want a block for fitment testing.  Any members live nearby that could sell me a block?  And, if I could pay you to drop it off, let me know.  I realize this may be a far fetched request, but I thought I'd run it by hybridz'ers and see.  I just need a junk block... L-24, L-26, or L-28, anything L in a six cylinder - doesn't matter which. 

Unless someone here can help, I'll have to source a block (maybe not so nearby) and have it shipped.  I'll update this thread with another address if this one isn't where the block needs to go.

If anyone else is interested in information about the dry sump pan, shoot me a pm.  If there is interest, I'll set up a group buy thread.

Moroso Performance Products 
80 Carter Drive 
Guilford, CT 06437

I have a junk block you can have if you are willing to pick it up. I live in Fall River Mass, 1hr 52 mins from you.

I am in Marietta, GA.  I'm inquiring to see if anyone nearby to Moroso Performance Products would be able to help.  Thanks for responding though.  2 hours away isn't going to be close enough.  If they were 5 miles away from you, I'd try to get you to help!

5 hours ago, inline6 said:

I am in Marietta, GA.  I'm inquiring to see if anyone nearby to Moroso Performance Products would be able to help.  Thanks for responding though.  2 hours away isn't going to be close enough.  If they were 5 miles away from you, I'd try to get you to help!

I understand, sorry!