HybridZ

3 inch exhaust drone

MerloZ

Anyone who has run a 3 inch straight pipe on an l28et with the stock turbo. How bad does it drone. My 2 1/4 with a glasspack muffler drones pretty bad right now and im going 3 inch this winter. Just curious what im getting myself into.

I dont mind the sound but the girlfriend i can tell gets sick of yelling at me when im 5 inches away

Glass pack is the problem.  They will burn out with Turbo heat and aren't very good mufflers to begin with. You needs a tuned chamber muffler with a tuned chamber resonator. A chambered Magnaflow as a muffler is very good. You may want to add a second Magnaflow in the middle as a resonator. 

A couple of Magna Flow Ultra Flows are not going to cause a restriction. 3 " exhausts tend to drone worse than a 2.5" ( and 2.25 " ) Most guys make the mistake of not making the resonator big enough. Don't use a round resonator. Use an oval one. More area to absorb sound . 

Stealth is good... and lets you here things like DETONATION!!  Very important on Turbo cars with no knock sensors. 

Make sure GF knows that you are making the extra effort for her. She will appreciate it. You may not be there yet, but..... a happy Wife makes a Happy Life. Applies to GF's as well. To a certain point... buy now we're discussing things that no man has ever truly figured out. 

Men's Brains vs Women's Brains

Edited by Chickenman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chickenman said:

...buy now we're discussing things that no man has ever truly figured out. 

I've figured it out, that I've never figured it out! 

At at least once a month I scratch my head and go WTH is that about. Best part ever is having adult children now. They look at her and go what's wrong with her! Makes me feel normal all these years I've scratched my hair out in utter confusion. 

• Like 1