HybridZ
TheWeekendWagon

Hello from Las Vegas!

Hey everyone! New guy here from Vegas! I've had a long history with Z cars starting with a 350Z, then a 370Z, and now I picked up my first "classic" Z car, a 1978 280Z! I have had it for a few years now actually but it's been a slow moving project with too many distractions since I got it. From what I can tell it has been in Vegas since '78 and has been used fairly regularly since new. Not sure how many actual miles are on it, but in the condition I bought it in it appeared very original. It runs and drives quite nicely and since I have owned it I have re-done quite a few things and gotten it mechanically sound. Just working on getting it looking good and then fine tuning everything. Big things I have done are BC Coilovers, some cheap wheels to bridge the gap until I finish the rest of the car, and a new paint job that turned out horrible, but at least it looks okay in photos haha. Long story short the body shop did ZERO bodywork so the 50 door dings and small dents are much more visible now with the shiny new paint. Not to mention there's overspray everywhere inside and in the engine bay from a half-assed masking job. Ah well, live and learn. It will get re-done again one day, it's just money right? Anyway, this isn't a build thread so I will stop rambling. Looking forward to learning a lot more about this platform on here! I haven't taken any decent photos of it but heres a quick before and current...I hate to say it's an after because it's definitely nowhere close to being done. 

The day I bought it...

10265520_10208442153071015_1538867876281815045_o

Currently looks like this...