HybridZ
supernova_6969

280zx ignition module with Megasquirt - is it necessary?

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

4XpPVD-tdaWq1EHdoXrL3-Jbtqn6pG3NsINUVy8E

Fuse panel donated from a 83 turbo. Panel is from an aluminum computer case. Front switch panel is from a macbook pro case.Switches, loads, and grounds bundled together through common terminal blocks (grounds are tired together using a home electrical box style ground strip). Obviously a bit messy inside, which will get sorted to some degree, but my main goal was trace-ability and being able to work on it without breaking my back. Whole sections can be diagnosed easily as systems and/or removed as units. You can see I used aluminum flex conduit to do my runs to main sections of the car, which makes it relatively easy to pull/repull entire runs.

Feel free to call it ghetto, you can see I obviously care. :-D

Love it. 

This thread has just turned into a Dash beautiful context.

20180815_201724.thumb.jpg.6a511ec1555427514267fe35d856c6df.jpg

The display is a raspberry pi running  Race Capture Pro and Tunerstudio. Car also has internet so you can login over internet via VNC remotely and tune the car. Race Capture pro is used for speed/gps/track timera and so on. That is also displayed online using Podium Connect, so you can see oil pressure and stuff online in real time.

I wish I had good fabrication skills....

So you're saying if I made an EFI analysis dashboard in splunk you'd use it?

That actually makes me feel even better about the last version of my dash:

V-mcENLHd5Y5jxnESZiVmMlnLAfgA5LOamBeTXE9

Literally scrap stainless I found. What a bitch to cut. And man were those corners sharp. I didn't put fancy hose on my dash like you did!

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

So you're saying if I made an EFI analysis dashboard in splunk you'd use it?

That actually makes me feel even better about the last version of my dash:

V-mcENLHd5Y5jxnESZiVmMlnLAfgA5LOamBeTXE9

Literally scrap stainless I found. What a bitch to cut. And man were those corners sharp. I didn't put fancy hose on my dash like you did!

Looks like minimalism is the trend here. Actually I think that is better, lost an engine due to the driver didn't see the gauges. Just to much information for the driver to process. If it had been a single light it would have worked.

Never heard of splunk, looks interesting.