HybridZ
gogriz91

Ordering some wheels, 16x8 or 16x8.5 for rolled fenders?

I'm about to pull the trigger on some bronze TE37Vs and am curious if I can get the 16x8.5s under there with 225/50/16s with T3 coilovers and the rear fenders rolled.  Any observations, photos or suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

I believe the popular panasport set is the 16x7 +10. Seems a bit conservative. I've looked into sizing for this stuff obsessively and most people seem to be having the best success with 16x8 +4 on some of the rota sets. I wouldn't try to run any wider without a higher positive offset. 

Also refer to this thread

With 2.5 inch spring like TTT coilovers have you can run a little bit more inboard I think the springs are 4 inch od vs the 5.75 inch stock perch (my memory might be fuzzy). I know another size that is run is 16x9+0, but a 16x8.5+30 is the equivalent of say a 16x9.75+0 (in regards to inboard), which may be a bit much. 

For that price I would just get a wheel gauge or make one yourself to make sure before purchasing. I suppose worst case you could run extended studs and slip on a spacer. 

I have two 240Z's both running 16 x 8" CCW's with 16" / 245  / 45 series tires, both cars have coilovers and rolled fenders with no problems.  It is best to get one of those measuring tools or go to a shop with one to get the right offset for your specific suspension.  You should try to measure it so you do not need to add a spacer.

Edited by primaz