HybridZ
taaron

78 280Z NA MS2 Setup

With the Turbo dizzy and shaft, you do not need either of those parts. The Turbo dizzy bolts directly to the timing cover. Make sure you have the gasket that goes between the dizzy and timing cover. Latest part number from Nissan is 22179-29N00. A new non -Nissan gasket came with my A1-Cardone distributor.

Edited by Chickenman

1 hour ago, Chickenman said:

With the Turbo dizzy and shaft, you do not need either of those parts. The Turbo dizzy bolts directly to the timing cover. Make sure you have the gasket that goes between the dizzy and timing cover. Latest part number from Nissan is 22179-29N00. A new non -Nissan gasket came with my A1-Cardone distributor.

Damnit. Well I do have the gasket at least haha. 

15 hours ago, gmorrone1214 said:

Hows the MSII installing going? I am about to do the same thing in mine. I have all the parts for a turbo build just need to buy the MSII unit and build and install.

Look up Softopz on the Vendors forum. He builds MS2 units and a beautiful plug and play harness. 

So I know its been a little while, haven't had a ton of time to work on this project but finally getting back to it. Got the new turbo zx injectors in, all the clips made. I designed and 3d printed a bracket for the 240sx TPS (which I can make available online if anyones interested). I did run into a problem however. I bought the coolant sensor from DIY Autotune, https://www.diyautotune.com/product/gm-closed-element-clt-iat-sensor-with-pigtail/, and it doesnt fit in the thermostat at all. Can I use the original one?

20180330_164459.jpg

20180330_164455.jpg

Yes, you can use the original Nissan Clt sensor.  Since there is no calibration setting for a Nissan CLT sensor in the Tune Studio selections, use the Saab. settings. It is very close to the factory Nissan. Or you can look up the 280ZX sensor values in the factory service manual ( available online at Xenon. com ). But the Saab values are close enough.

I'll definitely share a link to the file once I'm on my other computer tomorrow. Yes its PLA. No its not annealed. Its just in there to hold the sensor right now, the car isn't ready to run enough to heat up let alone run on the street.

That being said, SUPER productive weekend. Got all the wiring in. Getting a usb to serial cable from a coworker tomorrow and should be plugging in tomorrow afternoon (still have to buy the software)! Any words of advice Chickenman? 

Posted (edited)

Patience... lots and lots of patience.

One thing I would advise is downloading the reading the Manuals from MSExtra.com . Use the information on there. It is more up to date than the info on DIYAutoTune. Much of the DIY info is archived and outdated. MS-Extra does all the development of Firmware now ( since about 2006 actually ) 

The MSExtra Hardware manuals are the most important and accurate. 

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/

I'd also recommend buying the Book on EFI Tuning from DIYAutoTune. Written by Matt Cramer and Jerry Hoffman it is an excellant guide for Tuning standalone EFI systems.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/performance-fuel-injection-systems-hp-books/

Edited by Chickenman

Buy the Paid version of Tuner Studio right off the bat. You need the Auto-Tune feature that comes with the Paid version of TS. Just the regular paid version is good enough.

You should also buy the Paid version of Mega Log Viewer. The standard versions is fine. Both programs are good for 3 different computers.

I have MLV Hd installed on my computer. It's got a few extra Bells and Whistles, not really needed by the average user.  

On 4/3/2018 at 6:14 PM, Slowpoke said:

Nice TPS mounting plate! I was thinking of printing one. You mind Sharing the STL?

Also, when your ready to tune get a hold of Chinkenman. This gentleman knows his stuff and his support and patience are bar none!

In case you still wanted it,

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2854991

We're looking at trying to get a nylon piece made, if that doesn't work I'll probably try PETG.