HybridZ

Tooth wheel fitment and thick heavy spacer on crank pulley - problem?

turbogrill

Hi,

In order to properly fit a trigger wheel on my crank I have a very thick massive spacer, diameter is as wide as the crank pully spacer and it's almost as high as the pully it self.

Would this extra weight cause any lack of performance/responsiveness? All the weight is at the center and in a close radius. 

Here are some pictures:

20180126_083746.thumb.jpg.55ef7ec465710ab6dfc5754ca30c82f9.jpg20180126_083724.thumb.jpg.4ecf1dea8f305691e9bdbbf1122d9678.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On a lathe I cut down the backside of the outer portion of the pulley equivalent to the thickness of trigger wheel.  I then secured to the outer pulley by drilling/taping 3-4 holes and using locktite.  I searched for pics of my old setup, but couldn't find any.  Below is an example, but not mine.

DSC_0449+(Medium).JPG

I believe you have room with out cutting the back side. Also cutting it would weaken it where it's bonded. You could buy Hokes Derek triggor mount for a triggor wheel. I like how @madkaw did his triggor through engine /transmission plate and drilled a series of holes around flywheel. Using a threaded hall sensor very simple, cost effective and out of the front end clutter going on.

On 2/12/2018 at 5:11 PM, softopz said:

I believe you have room with out cutting the back side. Also cutting it would weaken it where it's bonded. You could buy Hokes Derek triggor mount for a triggor wheel. I like how @madkaw did his triggor through engine /transmission plate and drilled a series of holes around flywheel. Using a threaded hall sensor very simple, cost effective and out of the front end clutter going on.

As previously stated, you "cut down the backside of the outer portion of the pulley" so you don't get into the bonded section.