HybridZ

Watanabes and big brakes

I've searched but have been unable to find an absolute answer.

Does anyone know if the 16x8 Type R rims will clear the T3 big brake kits? Are spacers needed?

I contacted Techno Toy Tuning and a Watanabe importer and they think (but are not sure) a 15MM spacer might work.

Is anyone running the full T3 coilover and big brake combo front and rear with 16" Watanabes?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am currently going through this, you will not clear with 16 inch watanabes if you use the TTT big brake kit. You need at least 10mm spacers in the front. You might have to shave the back end of the spokes if you don't want to run spacers. I am doing extended lugs and spacers. I had to run spacers in the back to clear the parking brake mod also. My rim specs are 16x9 -9 in front and 16x9 - 13 in rear iirc. 

On 6/17/2018 at 3:02 PM, Nismospek said:

I am currently going through this, you will not clear with 16 inch watanabes if you use the TTT big brake kit. You need at least 10mm spacers in the front. You might have to shave the back end of the spokes if you don't want to run spacers. I am doing extended lugs and spacers. I had to run spacers in the back to clear the parking brake mod also. My rim specs are 16x9 -9 in front and 16x9 - 13 in rear iirc. 

I went 16x9.0 -13, 16x9.5 -19 and do not want to use spacers. I don't think I have many options. Did you consider azc or other kits? I'm hoping apex engineering will make a compatible kit.