HybridZ

MegaSquirt Map Information Sharing (all code versions)

Guest Loose_Screws

Guest Loose_Screws

PLEASE don't ask for MAPs in this thread. Make a new post in the forum asking for a MAP and then if someone has a MAP they will post it in this thread or I will copy it over. That way we can keep this as clean as possible. Just MAPs and information.

Hey guys' date=' I have a suggestion. MSQ files are specific to the firmware you're running, so it is REALLY helpful to post screenshots or at least exported tables (*.vex) as well. I assume what most of us really want to check out is the VE and spark tables.

[/b']

Hello Everyone, it's been a while since I have posted on here. The majority of my recent questions have pertained to MS and I have lounged around on http://www.msefi.com for the past few months.

Anyway...to give an update, I have MSnS (standard, not 'extra') running on the '77. I have spent the past few days attempting to tune spark and fuel, but haven't been nearly as successful as I was when I ran fuel only. So, with that being said, I would like to encourage everyone to collaborate and post your setup and your maps. I think it would be beneficial, especially for me!

Moby has done an excellent job organizing MS information for all us to use, I don't believe we thank him enough! Thanks Moby!

Here is my setup:

'77 280Z

Stock Block

Turbo Pistons

T3 TurboCharger (currently 8psi for tuning)

Spearco FMIC with 2.5" inlets

440cc/min low z injectors

Custom O-ring fuel rail

3" crush bent, turbo back exhaust

MSD 6A w/ Fireball II coil

Walbro 255 inline fuel pump

Stock FPR

SPAL 16" electric fan w/ thermal switch

MSnS (standard) w/ narrow band one wire O2

Here is my .MSQ (very rough tune, so beware!!!). I'll post my ignition table later.

http://www.reynoldsanddanielle.com/pictures/CarStuff/MSnS/03-14-05.msq

So, what is your setup and post your .MSQ. If you need webspace, just email the file to me and I will host it for you!

reynolds_boyd (at) charter.net

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here was my standard MSnS (not extra) settings

http://www.reynoldsanddanielle.com/pictures/CarStuff/MSnS/MOBY/msns_settings.zip

The configuration of the car was as follows:

stock replacement fuel pump from autozone

stock FPR

stock turbo

14psi boost

GM HEI module for ignition with zxt coil

60mm 240sx TB

SAAB 9000 intercooler

3 inch mandrel exhaust

JSK fuel rail

DSM 450cc injectors

stock intake manifold, ported for 60mm TB

DSM BOV if that matters

IAT sensor before TB in j-pipe

using stock air regulator to do fast idle control with coolant running through it

JSK TB spacer to allow stock air regulator hookup

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Loose_Screws

Just wanted to post a quick followup and renew everyones interest. I have continued to run MSnS standard and do further tuning, but have had issue with decel enrichment and having the cab filled with gas fumes when I downshift to slow down. Pulling 20inhg of vacuum at idle and ~12inhg when cruising, I am needing the 12x12 tables to densify my KPA values. Additionally, I have a friend who will be meeting up with me to tune with a WB as the one-wire NB I am running is performing poorly, even for NB expectations!

So...with all of that said, I am loading a version (which?) of 'extra', turn up the boost to ~15psi (T3), and we are going to tune with the WB. I just don't feel comfortable providing my .MSQ right now as I don't believe it is beneficial to anyone in the current state.

EDIT!!!

EDIT: Here are my maps as of 04-03-05. The car is still running rich on the boost side, but again, no WB so I am not taking risks. We should also start a discussion on how we tuned, etc. and what sort of logic. You know, share the secrets to success, cause I dont' have them!

http://www.reynoldsanddanielle.com/pictures/CarStuff/MSnS/RB/04-02-05, done.msq

Ignition.jpg

When I get back from business trip, I am gonna move over to 'extra' and probably go get some dyno time.

I just don't feel comfortable providing my .MSQ right now as I don't believe it is beneficial to anyone in the current state.

That's The problem with a lot of us megasquirters. There is always room for improvement. So no one is willing to post there settings. And I feel the same way.

It's crazy but I feel like showing your maps is like showing something really personal. Because I am stil improving and working on them. But I will probably never be finished tweeking the tables. So I'm gonna get over it and post my maps anyway.

people can learn from bad maps aswell. This is the map that I have been running with my HIGH compression turbo. I destroyed 2 (cheapo) headgaskets with these settings. So I don't advice anyone to copy them.

megasquirtspark.jpg

megasquirtfuelmap.jpg

My .msq file is attached

EDIT: I can't attache .msq file so here is a link instead.

http://members.chello.nl/x.worrell/files/megasquirt.msq

• 1 month later...
Guest Loose_Screws

Since I have made changes to my setup, I thought I would post my .MSQ and an interstate datalog.

1. Added boost controller and upped initial setting of 13psi to 15psi. I used the 'Boost Duty Targets' table to accomplish this as the 'Boost KPA targets table1' setting did not work out for me.

2. Setup up 'Over Run Settings'. I initially thought this was for something else, but realized it is for fuel cut during decel and engine braking.

3. Made adjustments to the lower kpa/rpm area of my fuel table to compensate for adding 'Over Run Settings'.

4. Setup 'Overboost Protection'. I haven't found a real good setting for this, but have it setup to cut 2 out of 5 sparks. I did not set it up to cut fuel, for some reason I just don't feel this is safe for the engine. Any more than 2 out of 5 sparks is VIOLENT on the drivetrain. As far as cutting spark blowing up my muffler or exhaust, well, I don't really have an exhaust, unless you count a 3" crush bent peice of open exhaust from the turbo exiting the rear.

5. Set my accel enrichment to TPSdot. MAPdot was difficult for me to tune against.

I have more tuning yet to do. My goal now is to setup a target AFR table (on paper, not in MS) and tune again. Gonna up boost to possibly 18psi (yeah, on stock T3!) and tune for 11.5:1 AFR. That is if my intake temps will stay down. I made a couple of runs at the dragstrip Sunday (one run netted 13.1@107) and my IAT hit a max of 120F.

http://www.reynoldsanddanielle.com/pictures/MegaSquirt/datalog200505081627.xls

http://www.reynoldsanddanielle.com/pictures/MegaSquirt/280z.msq

EDIT: Just reviewed .XLS closer and I hit a max of 120F (actually from heatsoak) and an average of 103F. It's currently 83F and 43% humidity here in Alabaster, AL.

What adjustments did you do after setting up over-run? I didn't have to do any.

Your car is intercooled right? My IAT has hit almost 200 deg F.

Man I need an intercooler :D

Mario

The over-run was actually easy to set. I thought it would take some tweaking, but found the initial setting was good enough. My only thing is the rpm activation. With light driving, I like it set low (1400 rpm), but with more aggressive driving, I like it set a little higher.

My settings are:

1800 rpm

25 KPa

30 TPS (Differs for everyone. My TPS low value is 24)

2 Sec (may set it lower and test for reaction)

As far as intercooler, I am running an 18"x8"x3" Spearco with 2.5" inlets. I went a little overkill, but it works great!

200 F is high. I don't know the limit, but that would scare me! Even a smaller intercooler off of a stock DSM or similar would help tremendously.

• 9 months later...

If it helps anyone here is a link to my N/A map

http://www.execulink.com/~jkube/Fuel%20injection%20info/

Heres whats in that car

L28, with shaved head (.05")

Racer Brown 320, Rally cam

Headers

Turbo injectors

Walbro 255 fuel pump

2 1/2" exhaust.

2+2 flywheel with kevlar lined clutch

5 speed tranny

3.54 R200 diff with Retrofit LSD

280zx distributor

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://students.oc.edu/matthew.brazle/pages/1stsparkrundos.msq

running msns-extra.s19, 024s13c. on a V3 board.

This is my current settings-file, of course I am continually tuning, but after 4 days of running, it is running pretty good.

Setup:

Flattop pistons

P90 (turbo, non-hydraulic) head and cam

Stock 1981 T3 turbo

Stock Turbo injectors - 270cc

Stock FPR

1987 Supra intercooler

280ZX N/A distributor, no mechanical advance.

(ignition module E12-80 sends tach signal to MS)

Let me know if I need to add any more info.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have a suggestion. MSQ files are specific to the firmware you're running, so it is REALLY helpful to post screenshots or at least exported tables (*.vex) as well. I assume what most of us really want to check out is the VE and spark tables.

I hope to fire up the car tomorrow, so I'll post my MSQ then. I just spent about 30 minutes converting my old 8x8 spark table to 12x12 so I can post that. Not sure if it's optimal or anything though.

spark1212.JPG

Specs: overbored L26/P79, MSSE 29q2, 83 dist, MSD, BPR7ES plugs .033

Ill have to post up my .msq when I get a chance, but I can tell you this to make the spark part a little less painful, at first.

anyways.... I just made my table like a standard non vac dist. started at 10* at idle and ramped it up to 35* by about 3,000 rpm and planed it out after that. all up and down the KPA range. I add little bumps here and there for cruising and what not and take a few degrees out here and there when it pings, but basically, this made it run stable to get the fuel figured out.

oh yeah, my set-up is

MS&S_E on a V3 board running o29q code

1983 flat top block with an MN47 head, 260Z 256* cam

stock intake, port-matched and 60mm installed with SX TPS

2.5" exhaust

280ZXT dist

running coil control through the fidle (I fried my VB921 with a 75% duty cycle, oops) I am using a VG30E ignitor to fire teh coil and running dwell control.

stock NA injectors for now, upgrading to turbo units soon.

thats all I can think of right now.

• 3 months later...

These are my settings... N/A fuel only.

Nismo cam (spec unknown)

6-2-1 header 2.5 exhaust

port and polish intake

schnider valve springs

Stock Z injector

38 psi on the rail

021 code with megatune 2.25

email me for msq as i can't host it right now.

edhenkel@gmail.com

currentplaynw9.th.jpg

that was my last revision before i blew the ring (oil issue not the tune)

currentjw9.th.jpg this plot worked pretty good until my cam started to kick in... then it would die on its face.

These are very rough... but i've had alot of request for them. I never got them perfected and i never tuned with an 02. I'm sure the maps are rich judging by my fuel gauge.

-Ed

• 2 months later...

Completely stock 83 ZX na motor with headers/exhaust running fuel only on MSnS-e 024s. It spent an hour on the dyno being professionally tuned, but is not perfect. The first half hour was spent getting the emissions to a minimum for smog...

http://www.hobbitandshoshy.net/hobbitsstuff.htm

BTW- the dyno printout is only to around 5k, not 5500 as I originally thought

• 4 months later...

!!!GO TO NEXT POST FOR MY LATEST MSQ FILE!!!

MY CURRENT, RUNNING DECENT, SETUP 5-30-07

----------------------------------------------------

MegaSquirt-II Engine Management System w/PCB3

4-bar Mapdaddy Dual Bar Sensor option

Re-Jumpered for Stock 83 Turbo Distributor and Coil. http://diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_280zx_turbo.htm

CODE v2.6

----------------------------------------------------

Stock L28ET

Intercooled 18x11x3 with 2.5" pipes

15psi boost

Ford Lightning High Impedence 42# Injectors (440cc)

Stock FPR

Walbro Pump

TO4B "SUPER-V" trim compressor

2.5" Exhaust

240SX TB and TPS

GM-IATS

Stock ZXT Head temp Sensor

LC-1 Wideband O2 sensor (currently disabled for rough tuning)

Stock ZXT Idle air controller.

----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: This is seat of the pants tuned! !!DO NOT TRUST THIS WITH YOUR MOTOR AT FULL TILT!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

SEE NEXT POST

-Dave

Running very well. No surge, AFR's from 11.5-15.0, good power all over, good mid end torque, very smooth down in the low RPM's. This was tuned using several iterations of AutoTune, VE Analyzer in MegaLogViewer, and manual map smoothing. I increased the ranges of the kPa from 20 to 220 on all maps and datalog-street-tuned it to 10psi@6000rpms. The max boost achieved during the drive-tune was 15psi. NOTE: I cannot safely gaurantee that this is good for more than 15psi and 4500 RPM. Timing map is very aggressive and I am not going to push it any further without a dyno and knock sensor. It is NOT a dyno tune, it is a street/driveability tune and runs very well.

Here is the msq 7/12/07. My specs are in the post above this one.

-Dave

172390697-M.jpg

172390695-M.jpg

172390694-M.jpg

172390690-M.jpg

172390692-M.jpg

172390691-M.jpg

Here is my current AE setting dialog:

AE-7-10-07-CygnusX1_thumb.jpg

Aggressive Tune 5.zip

• 1 month later...

my fuel map after some datalogging that was processed by megalogviewer.the megalogviewer runs on and old desktop computor i mounted on a service cart.car is a 2960cc stroker,cam,ported n42 head,big ic,440 c injectors,60-1/stage 5 t3 turbovetable.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is my MS setup file.

Engine is pulling like train from low down all the way to max rpm. It's so powerful most of the time I only need 60% throttle to scare myself!

L28 F54 .5mm oversized flat top pistons, standard NA cam (UK)

N42 intake manifold, 60mm throttle body

Pallnet fuel rail

rochester low imp 650cc injectors 2.5bar fuel pressure at 100kpa

MSII REV. 2.6

EDIS 6

Holset HE351CW (HY35)

3" IC pipe work .

600x300x75 FMIC

Bosch open element IAT sensor

3" stainless exhaust, single straight thru back box.

Still have to fine tune timing and afr's

sept9thbest.zip

• 2 months later...

My engine setup:

l28 N42 block and Head

flat top pistons (10:1 cr)

272/282 crane cam .450" lift

240sx 60mm Throttle body

2.5" mandrel exhaust

Header

Stock fuel injectors

1983 280zxt Distributor

Software:

Megasquirt N Spark Extra 029q

For ignition I am using a VB921 coil driver setup to the first LED on the V2.2 Board.

***edit*** I would like to add that I have been driving this car since august with MegaSquirt almost everyday. I have taken it on long trips (200miles) and recorded mileage of up to 27mpg on the highway. I do not guarantee this map in the higher load higher rpm ranges...

attached are the files in zip format, including the exported tables.

reqfuel_thumb.jpg

olie05settings.zip

• 3 weeks later...

My most recent file. Street tuned down to 18 degrees F cold starting. Less aggressive than my previous maps but this one should not blow my head gasket. Look above for my engine and MS-II specs here: http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=774149&postcount=14

I cant edit my previous posts so I had to put the latest msq file here.

CygnusX1 MS-II Dec 1 2007.rar

Here is my MS setup file.

Engine is pulling like train from low down all the way to max rpm. It's so powerful most of the time I only need 60% throttle to scare myself!

L28 F54 .5mm oversized flat top pistons, standard NA cam (UK)

N42 intake manifold, 60mm throttle body

Pallnet fuel rail

rochester low imp 650cc injectors 2.5bar fuel pressure at 100kpa

MSII REV. 2.6

EDIS 6

Holset HE351CW (HY35)

3" IC pipe work .

600x300x75 FMIC

Bosch open element IAT sensor

3" stainless exhaust, single straight thru back box.

Still have to fine tune timing and afr's

If I understand correctly, for EDIS it is now realized that Ignition Input Capture should be changed to 'Rising Edge'. Your map posted a few months ago doesn't reflect that and I'd suggest anyone considering using your map as a basis should look into that.