HybridZ

MegaSquirt Map Information Sharing (all code versions)

Guest Loose_Screws

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoyoyo, finally got my tuning polished up enough that I think I can post it up.

Bone stock n47 L28. Yeah baby.

MS1 with 2.2 board running fuel only.

:EDIT copied in rest of info by mobythevan:

Mine? Stock: injectors, everything... Think they are 195cc..?

What else might you want to know?

Oh and 240sx TPS, think thats the same as the ZX.

Injector open - 1.0 ms

Voltage Correction - .1 ms/V

I want to confirm for anyone wondering, I plugged Gavin's numbers into a stock 280Z that we are prepping for the 24 Hours of Lemons at Thunderhill the end of this month, and the car fired and ran well. Burned 'em leaving the line and good scratch in second gear as well! So for an 'out of the box I HAVE to drive this RIGHT NOW' plug-and-play 8X8 set of N/A tables I will say they worked.

My differences (which attest to Gavin's Map) I have O2 correction disabled, so it's running ONLY on his map.

My Req Fuel is something like 18.6 or thereabouts, only because I used 170CC injectors (which I thought were stock), this should be of no consequence.

WE currently have the accel bins and cold start enrichment 'off' for all intents and purposes because we wanted to test his MAP, and not how well anyting was masked. I will post back as we install the rest of this supplementary enrichments on his original post, but I know there are people looking for 'confirmation' that one set of tables works well or not.

I say Gavin's is a great table for someone who needs to drive the car right after installation. Chances are good we will be runnning his fueling table for the race, unaltered.

Thanks for posting, Gavin.

• 1 month later...

Here's a map for a fairly unique engine set up, so it might help someone who wouldn't be able to find it anywhere else. L24, E88 head (8.8:1 CR), stock 280zxt t3 turbo and exhaust manifold, 2.5" dump pipe, stock 280zx n/a "A" cam, 338cc (32lb) injectors, stock 280zx fpr, non-intercooled, 7psi (creeps to 9psi at higher rpms). Tuned on an Innovate LC-1

I just got it to a nice 12.0:1 afr line under boost from onset of full boost (~3000rpm) all the way to redline (7000rpm). It's also tuned to 15.5:1 at 75mph (2800rpm and 55kpa on my car), low 15's from 55mph to 80mph, low 13's at super high vacuum (engine braking), low 12's at idle (it's the only way it likes it), and low 14's around town, though I'm still working on those a little. The 40's at the bottom of the map have just been left there because they're below my minimum injector on time anyways, so it's just 1.1ms squirts no matter what.

TunedMap.jpg

The spark map I use with it:

TurboTiming.jpg

my current setup:

280zxt stock longblock/t3/t04 hybrid turbo

pallnet fuel rail running 32lb high impedance injectors at 50psi

240sx tps/82 stock dizzy wired per moby/diyautotune for MSII

petez downpipe to a 2.5 inch exhaust

MSD with magnecores (needed to eliminate MS resets)

FMIC with knock off 50mm tial bov....11psi spring

MBC and internal wastegate

Innovate LC1 wideband

Running MSII with a relay board wired per moby's/DIY autotune write up. MSD intall was directly from MS website. Fidle has been running fan relay with zero problems

gen_thumb.JPG

accel_thumb.JPG

ve_thumb.JPG

Currently running 12psi max with no known detonation. Plugs look okay and the exhaust is very quiet....so hopefully I would hear pinging. No guarantee but worth a shot. My best throttle response comes from a mix of x tau and traditonal accell bins used in this file. Working on an all x tau msq but its just not as good as this one yet. For anyone looking at possibly using 2.88 code...it was a big improvement for me with regards to mapdot and throttle response. I could probably run it as low as 35 for map and 10 for tps but I can't feel the difference over more conservative numbers of 50 and 15 respectively.

I saw that using the tools in the VE table you can scale your reg fuel up and down with very little trouble so trying that with your specific injectors would be an excellent starting point. Using 9.0/9.0 REQ FUEL the idle sits around 12.5 AFR. Car runs very well

few more shots

spark_thumb.JPG

afr_thumb.JPG

injec_thumb.JPG

current 2.88 msII code as of 1 28 08.zip

• 2 months later...

Here are some screen shots of my setup..

yes its old.. MS1 / extra 021u .. and an old beta version of Megatune still..

NO dyno tune.. 2 YEARS of street tuning and drive ability!

FUEL

9418041093.jpg

SPARK (just realized as I posted this, this only goes to 6,000 RPM.. i have 6,000 RPM entered twice. Change the last cell to 7,000 RPM)

9418041051.jpg

CONSTANTS

9418041028.jpg

ENRICHMENTS

9418041043.jpg

SPARK SETTINGS

9418041037.jpg

1983 L28eT engine from a 280zx turbo

440cc injectors from a toyota supra

HOLSET HY35W turbocharger

Schneider cam .488 lift, 260 duration and valve springs

HKS 2mm metal headgasket

Izuzu NPR intercooler

3" exhuast

2.5" intercooler piping

60mm throttle body and slight porting on the intake manifold

GM HEI ignition stock coil stock dizzy

GOOD for AFR's 10.8-12.5 up to 16psi.

• 2 months later...

After spending some time on the dyno my fuel and ignition are pretty good. My engine is an F54/P90 NA with 2mm headgasket. Standard intake and standard turbo exhaust manifold. Holset HY35CW. EDIS igniton. 680cc injectors.

ignition good2_thumb.JPG

vegood2_thumb.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was reminded that I'm overdue to post up my maps.

Full Set-Up:

Stock turbo bottom end

Stock T3 and exhaust manifold

P79, unshrouded valves, minor exhaust port work

Stock N/A "A" cam

400cc injectors

Unintercooled

Stock FPR

3" mandrel downpipe and exhaust, no muffler

N42 intake, stock 50mm TB

BPR7ES plugs, gapped at .030"

Fuel Map:

FuelTable8-20-08.jpg

Spark Map:

SparkTable8-20-08.jpg

The fuel map puts me at 12.5:1 to 13.0:1 at idle, 14.7:1 to 15.5:1 at cruise in all situations, and ~11.5:1 under all boost levels.

The y-axis graduations above 100kpa on the spark map are approx. 2 psi increments.

Both maps tuned up to 172kpa (12psi in Tucson, AZ) (~2400' ASL, ambient pressure usually 90kpa indicated). I have no pinging whatsoever, and the fuel map is completely smooth with great transitions.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the key tables for my N/A setup using MSII v3 and:

- MS2/Extra v2.0.1

- L28 w/flat top pistons

- Shaved P90 head w/mild port

- 284/284 0.450" cam

- 280zx intake manifold port matched to head

- MSA Header

- 280zx turbo injectors

- 280zx turbo distributor (MS controls ignition)

My driving is all above 5000 feet so the VE values above 80 kPa are only a guess and SHOULD NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

Also, keep in mind that the VE table is tuned to the AFR and Ignition tables. If your AFR targets and/or ignition advance is different, then your VE table will be different as well.

9156_thumb.attach

9157_thumb.attach

9158_thumb.attach

I am getting ready to install my MS2 with pcb v3.57 from DIY and I was wondering if anyone had a similar setup that i could use as a baseline for my tuning. it is a 75 280z with a 83 turbo swap w/ 37,570 original miles

My mods are

MS2 v3.57 with Inovative LC-1 O2 sensor and controler/gague

edis-6

supra turbo 440 cc injectors with o ring fuel rail and pressure gague

t3/t4 hybrid turbo

n42 intake casitngs smoothed inside and ported for 240sx TB and spacer

fidanza 11lb flywheel

p90 block p90 head

stage 3 350 hp clutch

all emissions removed

I have 2 IC's not sure what to run 1-- being a 95 300zx turbo stock 2 1/2' piping and stock bov 2-- being a ebay knockoff fmic with 3" piping and generic bov I am afraid of the boost taking too long to hit with the light flywheel it will rev quick?

Cooling mist water/methanol injection

2 1/2" steel downpipe

going 3" exhaust but not installed yet muffler???

generic gm IAT sensor stock coolant sensor

I appreciate any input good or bad, I just want to do it right.

Thanks Michez

I am getting ready to install my MS2 with pcb v3.57 from DIY and I was wondering if anyone had a similar setup that i could use as a baseline for my tuning. it is a 75 280z with a 83 turbo swap w/ 37,570 original miles

My mods are

MS2 v3.57 with Inovative LC-1 O2 sensor and controler/gague

edis-6

supra turbo 440 cc injectors with o ring fuel rail and pressure gague

t3/t4 hybrid turbo

n42 intake casitngs smoothed inside and ported for 240sx TB and spacer

fidanza 11lb flywheel

p90 block p90 head

stage 3 350 hp clutch

all emissions removed

I have 2 IC's not sure what to run 1-- being a 95 300zx turbo stock 2 1/2' piping and stock bov 2-- being a ebay knockoff fmic with 3" piping and generic bov I am afraid of the boost taking too long to hit with the light flywheel it will rev quick?

Cooling mist water/methanol injection

2 1/2" steel downpipe

going 3" exhaust but not installed yet muffler???

generic gm IAT sensor stock coolant sensor

I appreciate any input good or bad, I just want to do it right.

Thanks Michez

Just pick one of the several maps from someone who has EDIS-6 and a 2.8L with turbo. That'll get you about as close as you could hope to expect. Do a quickie calculation for the ReqFuel number and adjust that for injector size difference and get rolling.

Light flywheel doesn't affect spool point. It will help the motor rev a bit faster so it should help from a time standpoint. I assume you have a wideband? I wouldn't even think of trying to drive the car (or run it for long) without a wideband.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the way it's running. Here is a current map.

MSII

EDIS-6 Ignition

440cc Ford Lightning Injectors

TO4B "super-v" trim compressor

Intercooled

BOV

4-Bar map sensor

Dual MAP Sensors

LC1 Wideband O2

B&G Firmware 2.687

Stock Short Block F54

P90 Head with 5 angles and lightly surfaced.

GM IAT Sensor

280ZX Head Temp Sensor

240SX TPS

est. 320rwhp/320rwtq

CygnusX1 10-2008.zip

• 2 weeks later...

The map I just posted right above here, has some pretty aggressive timing in the boost range. You can either, lower the boost area of the timing map, or run race fuel, or leave it as is and take the risks. I didn't hear it pinging with 92octane but I decided to lessen the risk and back off the boosted timing.

I'll post later today.

cygnusx1-lower timing.zip

• 1 month later...

This is my set-up

L24e, everything standard

N47 Head,

P30 Block (Dished Pistons)

W24 Manifold

Standard injectors, still using the standard fuel regulator

Still using the Air Regulator (for cold idle)

Extractors, 2 inch exhaust

MS II v3.0, running 2.888 firmware, (no second MAP)

also I'm using E10 fuel.

This is my .msq file,

I have not put it on a dyno, the original table were done by driving, and having my son change the tables on the fly (using a Wide Band to set what AFR I wanted).

Once I was happy, I done a few hours of driving and using MegaLogViewer to finish it of.

As always, use at your own risk, my set-up may not be the same as yours

NOTE : The .MSQ file has timing stuff set-up, at this time I'm not using MS for timing, so you will need to change this if you use MS for timing aswell.

Nigel

ve_thumb.jpg

afr_thumb.jpg

InjCont_thumb.JPG

MSQ File.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I initially stuck my map in a trouble shooting thread but I figured I would post it here as well. I know there won't be too many people with this setup but it would be a good starting point for those attempting a FI sbc build. Hope it helps!

Here are a couple maps that seem to work pretty good. I HAVE NOT done any final tuning but the driveability is good and the plugs look good so far.

This combo includes:

LT1 355 (around 9:1)

60# injectors

EDIS-8

T-70 master power (.96 A/R)

I have not tuned full throttle yet. Use at your own risk!

fuelmap.jpg

sparkadvance.jpg

Great cold and hot starts, great throttle response, good power, no audible ping, good economy.

83 turbo motor stock long block

Fidanza Flywheel

solid p90 head stock turbo cam w 5angle valve job.

very mild intake porting and exhaust manifold porting and matching

MSII V3.0 firmware v2.687

4bar dual MAP sensors

Wideband O2 LC1

42# (440cc/min) injectors high impedance (ford racing)

EDIS-6 Crank Triggered Ignition System

To4B/T3 SuperV trim

2.5" DP and exhaust

Tuned to 15psi boost up to 6000rpm

Intercooled

60mm 240sx throttle body

CYGNUSX1 TUNE.zip