HybridZ

Clutch pressure plate? Clutch slave cylinder issue?

Thanks Leon for quick reply.

I'm still trying to figure out this and brake line.

So, when engine start running, will this clutch folk push in the clutch slave cylinder?

When I step  on the clutch pedal I don't feel any traction at all.

Clutch pedal is fairly light depending on your pressure plate of course, even with an uprated one I don't feel too much resistance.

I'm not sure there is supposed to be that much movement in a well bled clutch slave. 

If I recall you did the KA transmission? Is there something with that, like maybe you are supposed to use the KA fork or slave?

If you used a stock clutch, the pedal will be lighter than expected as mentioned above. I also agree that you might still have some air in the line. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about it unless you know you have an actual issue. The worst that will happen is you start the car and can't put it in gear because your clutch isn't disengaging. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the feedback. I've been working with brake issue. Just realize I used wrong bleeder size cause the problem.

I'm afraid of the clutch though away bearing size is the wrong size since I replace my tranny to FS5W71C(240SX tranny).

Does anyone swap tranny to 71C and replace the though away bearing?

The front case that you installed on the 71C gears is from the 71B.  It contains the clutch fork pivot ball.  So as far as distances go for the clutch, everything works just like a 71B transmission.

The throwout bearing collar has to match the pressure plate height.  Not the transmission.

You have the wrong collar for your clutch package.  If it were correct, the fork position would be pushing the slave cylinder push rod all the way back in (like you're showing you can do with your fingers in the video) - or nearly so.  You need a longer collar for your throw out bearing.

NewZed hit the nail on the head - the collar needs to be correct for the clutch package (pressure plate height (or thickness))

Edited by cgsheen

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2018 at 7:56 PM, cgsheen said:

You have the wrong collar for your clutch package.  If it were correct, the fork position would be pushing the slave cylinder push rod all the way back in (like you're showing you can do with your fingers in the video) - or nearly so.  You need a longer collar for your throw out bearing.

NewZed hit the nail on the head - the collar needs to be correct for the clutch package (pressure plate height (or thickness))

Is there anywhere I can find information on how to find out correct length of the collar?

It's not the collar alone that matters.  It's the collar (or sleeve as Nissan calls it), and the pressure plate.  Together.

Start at #35 here and it will make more sense.  Maybe.

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/44389-l28-is-toasting-my-240z-clutch/?page=2

Here's another interesting one - 

Edited by NewZed