HybridZ

temp sending unit ls1 to 240z gauge

i think i have the oil pressure figured out now i am doing temp. For some reason my wife wants the original gauges she has everything inside the car original and new. I am working with a ls1 from a 2004 GTO  it has two locations for temp senders and i will be trying to keep the sender that talks to the GTO computer and add one that matches ohms with the unit from the old 240z engine. i dont know how well this will work so i thought maybe someone on here might know. thanks 

11 hours ago, trackzpeed said:

I ran a tap over the Z sending unit and threaded it into the LS1 head passenger side near the firewall.... works great with stock gauge. I found/learned this from the HBZ site. Just forget where.  It may be in my build log.  Hope that helps. Jim 

that is something I would do for sure if it was not for the 2004 gto heads have a very small hole size. other year ls1 engine have a larger diameter hole. there is just too big of a difference. thanks for the idea anyways.

I used the John's car conversion kit.  In the block of the engine it went, there was a removable plug there, did have to cut a hole in the CX mount for it to clear.  With the AC I had not choice, we ran the temp for the computer to the pass side.  HTH, Richard. 

Mine is the original JCI conversion and they threaded the stock Datsun temperature sensor into the block so that I have one for my stock gauge and one for the computer.  I also wanted to keep all mu stock gauges.  been running it for almost 15 years now.

IMG_4996.JPG