HybridZ

Car won't start( but wants to)

Tofuninja12

Ok so first off, some background info, when I got the car the PO said that the gas tank wouldn't fill up past half because of something loose. I also drove it 2 hours home. I had it in the shop and when I got it back, I would get on the gas and it wouldn't pass 3.5k rpm, I would try to floor it and it would just backfire like crazy. After awhile the radiator exploded. It went back to the shop and the mechanic put in the new radioactive and now the car doesn't even start. He though it was a bad distributor so he replaced it, that didn't fix it so he put my old one back on. I have some videos of the problem and some photos

Car has a L28e from a 75ish 280z 5 speed

IMG_2267.JPG

Edited by Tofuninja12

1 hour ago, Tofuninja12 said:

Anyone? I'm trying to work over the weekend. My mechanic said it might be the fuel tank. It doesn't get rev when it's "on" and I put my foot to the floor. He thinks it might be because it has no pressure or air is getting in. Anything helps.

I would give a better description of what problem you're trying to solve.  You said it wouldn't start after a radiator replacement.  Your title says "won't start".  But now you say it won't rev.  And, apparently, it ran fine, you drove it for two hours to get it home.  But them it wouldn't rev past 3500 RPM.  So, which of the many problems are you asking about?

9 hours ago, NewZed said:

I would give a better description of what problem you're trying to solve.  You said it wouldn't start after a radiator replacement.  Your title says "won't start".  But now you say it won't rev.  And, apparently, it ran fine, you drove it for two hours to get it home.  But them it wouldn't rev past 3500 RPM.  So, which of the many problems are you asking about?

I am trying to solve why it doesn't start. In the video, it seems like it starts but when I hit the accelerator it doesn't rev

• 1 month later...

Eliminate the gas tank as a variable and squirt some fuel in your carbs. Does that change how it runs?

Have you confirmed your fuel pump is working properly?

Have you checked the lines, and vent lines, for a restriction?

If your chokes aren't doing anything that should tell you something.