HybridZ

What year 240sx trans

MerloZ

74 260z with r200 diff and l28et.

I want to do the 240sx transmission conversion. My friend has a donor transmission but its from a dual cam ka24 240sx. Will this work or doe only the single cam 240sx transmission work. Ive read some mixed info.

As long as there is no difference aside from the bellhousing then its a go.

Thankyou

6 hours ago, MerloZ said:

. Ive read some mixed info.

What have you read?  No use repeating it if it's been read already.  There's at least one pretty long and somewhat informative thread on Hybridz, and two web sites with lots of swap details, part numbers, pictures, and measurements.

There is a difference from an s13det and s14det coming off the Black top engine. The later s14 has dual cone synchros on (if memory serves me correctly) 2nd and reverse gears and I want to say they are slightly wider gears. There is a write up by a member here on another car forum, that for the life of me I can't remember the members screen name or the site he posted it on. It was very in depth with well documented photos and description. I want to say the member lives in Canada. 

22 minutes ago, rturbo 930 said:

Was it Nigel? Seems like he'd be the type to do that, and he lives in Canada.

Yes that's him, thank you for jogging my memory. Now if 
I could only remember the site he posted it to.

Edited by Nelsonian

20 minutes ago, rturbo 930 said:

I think this is it. As it happens, your post jogged my memory, and I realized that I had seen it before, and that I also had it bookmarked.

http://www.motortopia.com/cars/1973-datsun-240z-11118/car-pictures/240sx-transmission-swap-14041

Yes Sir that is it, well done. His write up helped me as I followed this with my S14 trans swap only to finish the machine work and sell the trans after buying a Z32 trans instead.