HybridZ

Watanabe Photos

I am considering Watanabe wheels but need to see some fitments to get an idea. 

Can anyone running Watanabe's post some photos of their S30 with them on and list size and specs. I am primarily looking for cars with no flares and trying to decide beetween F8's which I know will fit and R-Type which might not fit as well but look nicer imo. Lets post photos all types of Watanabes for a good reference for anyone trying to decide what to run.

I've got a few people I follow on instagram who are running Watanabe r-types in 15x8 et0.  Whether the wheels are F or R-type shouldn't make a differences, since the same specs for width and offset will have the same fitment, so I'd definitely go with the R-types if I were you. 

Here you go:
https://www.instagram.com/sennavsprost/
https://www.instagram.com/nerdy_s30/

https://www.instagram.com/huntershayes/

For what it's worth, regarding fitment, I run Volk TE37V's in 15x8 et0 with 225/50r15 Toyo R888R's and had to roll the rear arch due to rub - my 240Z is lowered about 2 inches. 

35135497024_f9a4031257_o (2).jpg

2 minutes ago, ryant67 said:

I've got a few people I follow on instagram who are running Watanabe r-types in 15x8 et0.  Whether the wheels are F or R-type shouldn't make a differences, since the same specs for width and offset will have the same fitment, so I'd definitely go with the R-types if I were you. 

Thanks, nice car there, and nice wheels.

Having a look at those links I'd say the r-types are really on the edge of what I consider to look good regarding how far they protrude from the arches.

The difference with the F8's is that they come in a wide range of offsets, the r-type is limited to only ET0. I am just not sure I like how the F8's look, but without some photos of S30's wearing F8's in a size close to what I am after its hard to decide. One benifit of the F8's is that I could run 8.5" on the rear which is better if I want to run 245s.

18 hours ago, thedarkie said:

Do you think the 245 rear would fit without rubbing? I too am looking for new wheels to maximize rubber on the rear without flares

Absolutely, if I use the F8 type in size 16x8.5 ET15. This will only work on aftermarket adjustable type coilovers, it will not work with stock size struts. It will bring the rim pretty close to the body of the coilover. If I were to go to 17's this gives me even more room to work with as the rim moves further up the coil over whihc is angled away therefore giving more clearance. But I don't like the look of 17's.

16 hours ago, fatfree69 said:

16x8.5, -6. 205/50.

Thanks.

That comes well out past the fender edge. No way you could run that with 225's. That is 22.5mm further outwards than my current wheel and 12.5mm further out than the ET0 8" R-types would be. Good for reference though.

I am hoping someone running F8's will post some photos.

Thanks.

I had actually found those same cars in my searching yesterday. I should have posted them here, any cars I found from now on I will add here.

I think the orange car looks good but the read cars wheels look to protrude too far, which is odd as they are the same wheel just 16 vs 15, so the 15's must give the illusion of the being further out.

Here are some photos of Watanabe F8, 16x8 and 16x8.5, offset unknown. I don't think they look bad, but they haven't got a touch on R-Types and I think my Rota RBR's look nicer.

post-853-144023624429.jpg

post-853-144023482518.jpg

post-853-144023557578.jpg

Edited by EF Ian

43 minutes ago, EF Ian said:

Absolutely, if I use the F8 type in size 16x8.5 ET15. This will only work on aftermarket adjustable type coilovers, it will not work with stock size struts. It will bring the rim pretty close to the body of the coilover. If I were to go to 17's this gives me even more room to work with as the rim moves further up the coil over whihc is angled away therefore giving more clearance. But I don't like the look of 17's.

What are your thoughts on the front? 

I think I'll pull the trigger on the 16x8.5 et15 rear for a 245. I know I don't need that much meat up front though. 

I'll never run more than 225's on the front, don't need more, no power steering and don't want it, more would make the steering heavier, bigger wheels are heavier and don't often feel or handle as well despite more rubber. For me a 16x8 with offset of 5 or 10 is perfect for the front.