HybridZ

Weird Idle?

Spooky_Intentions

Hey everyone. We had the car running before bringing it to the tuner and it would cold idle a little a bit low on cold start up for a bit. However, after bringing the car back from the tuner i have a very strange cold idle issue. Please take a look at the youtube video link because im honestly not sure how to describe it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very unhappy with the work the "tuner" did on the car and will end up having to bring it to someone else but i would like to get this resolved before hand.

Any ideas why this happens? L28ET running off a VR sensor with MS2

I have not added an IAC quite yet its on the list, so I will try to provide as much info as i can. Any kind of remote help for my tune would be greatly appreciated as the guy really did a poor job and it ran worse after i got it than when i first brought it to him

L28Et

440cc injectors

intercooler

t3t4 turbo

240sx throttle body and TPS

VR sensor and trigger wheel

greddy bov

no IAC quite yet

this idle will happen and then die until about 120 degrees and then it will idle normal. Previously before the "tune" it would idle low and want to die but not this weird tick that its been doing.

CurrentTune.msq

Edited by Spooky_Intentions

Data logging is pretty straightforward: To get a data log, go to the Data Logging menu and click Start Logging. You will be prompted for a file name. The log starts when you save the file (this is an easy one to get tripped up on as a lot of people expect saving the file to be what you do at the end of the log). Once you have recorded what you need, go to the Data Logging Menu and click Stop.

If you want a video, though, check out Andy Whittle's How EFI Works channel on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeqAzDNOeaI

Alright guys, i got 2 data logs. 1 is from cold start all the way to warm(had to tap the gas a few times to keep it alive and it still died a couple times but closer to the end you see the idle issue i was talking about) the other is just regular idle(with miss fires) after the car was warmed.

2018-03-30_10.20.59.msl

2018-03-30_10.25.57.msl

Actually, it was the whole Tune that was just not very good. I did a Remote Tuning session with Brett and built him a new Tune from scratch . It's running fine now. There is a problem with noise on the Coolant sensor, but we are addressing that. 

Idle issue was actually due to very poor VE and Spark Maps. Large jumps between adjacent RPM and Kpa cells were one of the big issues. 

There is no Sync loss now with new Tune. 

Another happy Customer :D

Edited by Chickenman
  • Like 1