HybridZ

Solid rear axle

HOLLAATYABOYY1

When I convert the FC RX-7 from IRS to solid axle, I go with a torque arm suspension. Basically a couple lower control arm chassis brackets that attach to the same place that the original IRS subframe mounted to, along with a torque arm that extends forward below the driveshaft. The nose of the TA anchors to the top of the trans tunnel (driveshaft passes thru the middle of a shackle style arrangement), easy to do in an RX-7 because there's a lot of room above the driveshaft in a piston powered RX-7. Here's a link to my page on converting the FC to solid axle... FC/8.8 Solid Axle Conversion

I have also seen IRS cars converted using basically stock geometry FOX body Mustang triangulated 4 link suspension. It appeared that they simply stuck the rear under there, then fab'd chassis brackets in place to fit the links. Fox Mustang rear just happens to be the same width as the FC's IRS.

Grant

6 hours ago, weedburner said:

When I convert the FC RX-7 from IRS to solid axle, I go with a torque arm suspension. Basically a couple lower control arm chassis brackets that attach to the same place that the original IRS subframe mounted to, along with a torque arm that extends forward below the driveshaft. The nose of the TA anchors to the top of the trans tunnel (driveshaft passes thru the middle of a shackle style arrangement), easy to do in an RX-7 because there's a lot of room above the driveshaft in a piston powered RX-7. Here's a link to my page on converting the FC to solid axle... FC/8.8 Solid Axle Conversion

I have also seen IRS cars converted using basically stock geometry FOX body Mustang triangulated 4 link suspension. It appeared that they simply stuck the rear under there, then fab'd chassis brackets in place to fit the links. Fox Mustang rear just happens to be the same width as the FC's IRS.

Grant

Damn.  Either way I see a lot of fab in my future.    Not sure I’m inclined enough 

many idea if the swap kit on that site will work for a s30?

Edited by HOLLAATYABOYY1