HybridZ

Wanted E31, E88, or N42 Cylinder head!

GrizzlyTDSL

My E31 was seemingly machined by a one eyed chimpanzee and was cut too thin in the rear and below minimum thickness, as well as having a substantial crack in it, which is filling my cylinders with coolant. I' Badly in need of a new head. Located in Carlsbad/San Marcos area, Southern California. Any help or advice is much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Hello, this looks like an opportunity for me to do some attic cleaning and liquidate some parts I've had for decades and won't ever use.  I have three  E31s and one E88 for you to  pick from.  I don't know what the minimum thickness is, but I measured all of them. All prices do not include shipping. First a raw E31 with no hardware, no valves, springs, cam towers or anything, thickness is 4.184". It's $150.00.  Second an E31 with most hardware, cam towers, valves, springs and retainers.  Thickness is 4.248"  It's $250.00.  Third a race prepped E31 that I've had for over forty years, haven't raced it for past 6 years.  It's been ported, polished the larger L28 valves retro fitted. Isky valve springs and competition retainers  It's thickness is 4.198".  It's $850.00   The E88 has the cam towers, valves and springs. Thickness is 4.254"   It's $250.00  I don't have the oil spray bar for any of them. Some pics of all 4 on my bench.  Will send you more detailed pics of any you may be interested in.  LarryP4080185.JPG.f85c7bc6bc01ec7a7d2153ad3fdd69e9.JPG

On 4/8/2018 at 8:26 AM, Larry Mahanor said:

Hello, this looks like an opportunity for me to do some attic cleaning and liquidate some parts I've had for decades and won't ever use.  I have three  E31s and one E88 for you to  pick from.  I don't know what the minimum thickness is, but I measured all of them. All prices do not include shipping. First a raw E31 with no hardware, no valves, springs, cam towers or anything, thickness is 4.184". It's $150.00.  Second an E31 with most hardware, cam towers, valves, springs and retainers.  Thickness is 4.248"  It's $250.00.  Third a race prepped E31 that I've had for over forty years, haven't raced it for past 6 years.  It's been ported, polished the larger L28 valves retro fitted. Isky valve springs and competition retainers  It's thickness is 4.198".  It's $850.00   The E88 has the cam towers, valves and springs. Thickness is 4.254"   It's $250.00  I don't have the oil spray bar for any of them. Some pics of all 4 on my bench.  Will send you more detailed pics of any you may be interested in.  LarryP4080185.JPG.f85c7bc6bc01ec7a7d2153ad3fdd69e9.JPG

I really appreciate your offer Larry, and I apologize for not putting it in the ad that I was hoping to find them semi-locally as my budget isn't the biggest. That E88 would be Ideal if its complete. If you can find someone willing to ship it for $100 I'd pay it.

As an aside, I believe the Minimum thickness is 4.235, and my frankenstein E31 measured in at 4.164 at the front and 4.180 in the rear so it's pretty bad haha.