HybridZ

I AM BAAAAACK OVERKILL Z is going to be FASTER

OverkillZ

Hello fellow Zers I have no idea what hybrid Z is like anymore but I just re upped for an update.

After 3 years of racing the Z in events all over the west coast it was time to do a refresh on the motor. 

Of course during this time life got busy... bought a house... sold a house.... bought an s15.... sold a s15.... moved to Southern California and bought another house.... Now life Has become more stable and I have re focused on the Z .

The best the car did on the last set up was 781 at the tires with nos on top of that. However for racing it was turned down from that number so about 650-700 at the tires on day to day events.

with this new set up I should be able to do close to 1000whp without spray. 

I will post more in the Toyota section 

77CABDA2-F183-481D-9A37-7A786CDC168B.jpeg

Hello fellow Zers I have no idea what hybrid Z is like anymore but I just re upped for an update.

After 3 years of racing the Z in events all over the west coast it was time to do a refresh on the motor. 

Of course during this time life got busy... bought a house... sold a house.... bought an s15.... sold a s15.... moved to Southern California and bought another house.... Now life Has become more stable and I have re focused on the Z .

The best the car did on the last set up was 781 at the tires with nos on top of that. However for racing it was turned down from that number so about 650-700 at the tires on day to day events.

with this new set up I should be able to do close to 1000whp without spray. 

I will post more in the Toyota section 

Hello, I noticed your attempt to make a post, if you look at the top pinned post it may help with why your post is not accessible, I've put them together here in case you need information from them. Just remember to try and stay away from symbols and punctuation I guess in the title of your posts, elsewhere it seems to be fine, until this is sorted.

With that out of the way, oh wow, welcome back!

I remember your build! Was a bit sad when I saw it listed for sale. Looks like you kept a hold of it.

12 hours ago, seattlejester said:

Hello, I noticed your attempt to make a post, if you look at the top pinned post it may help with why your post is not accessible, I've put them together here in case you need information from them. Just remember to try and stay away from symbols and punctuation I guess in the title of your posts, elsewhere it seems to be fine, until this is sorted.

With that out of the way, oh wow, welcome back!

I remember your build! Was a bit sad when I saw it listed for sale. Looks like you kept a hold of it.

Thanks I posted it from my phone so it got all weird on me. Yes I held onto the car!!! parted out some of the items I wanted to change.

going from a 76mm turbo to a 72(precision gen 2), Bigger injectors, BC 276 cams(stage 3 plus) and pump ect ect. with the new set up i'm going for more power with less lag.

I also recently Bought John Coffeys(betamotorsports) Cross Member jig and am going to keep them being produced for everyone!!!! I just dropped it off at the manufacturer and plan to start producing them soon. :) 

I read the site might be shutting down? Are all my old buddies still active?

Hey buddy,

Welcome back. I met you once at my good friends shop in Petaluma while Joe was working out of one of his bays (Cody at Quater Tilt).

Glad to see you kept the car. Looking forward to seeing the progress.   

That jig, I thought of picking it up a long time ago, glad to see it is making its way around. Make sure you find someone that can do a nice mandrel bend, I know the previous owner of the jig tried to weld 3 pieces together to try and save some fabrication effort, but it complicates it in other ways.

There was talk of maybe archiving it and going offline, but I think enough of us raised the merit of keeping it online that it is still staying online and we made the switch to a more modern platform I believe. A lot of the old guard is still here I think, some have sold projects and moved onto other cars, some others have recently rejoined the fold. You'll have to search them out :D.

6 hours ago, LLave said:

Hey buddy,

Welcome back. I met you once at my good friends shop in Petaluma while Joe was working out of one of his bays (Cody at Quater Tilt).

Glad to see you kept the car. Looking forward to seeing the progress.   

Yea man Cody is awesome!