HybridZ

240Z Wide Wheels

I have a headache looking for 10" wide wheels for racing my 240Z. I used XXR 527 16X8.25 0 offset with 245/45/16 tires on the old race car. The RE-11 or any decent track tires stopped making that size. I am considering going with 17" wheels since the track tire selection is greater. I have heard great things about the VENTUS R-S4 and it comes in 255/40ZR17 which fits the 10" wheels.

Volk wheels are the only ones I have found that can be made with a custom offset in 114.3X4 at 17X10 and up but they are 700+ bucks ea. I found some that seem to be Meister Work knock offs on Fleabay http://r.ebay.com/Vs7yDu but not sure they would hold up. With the +10 offset would it be advisable to use the 114.3X4 to 100X4 one inch adapters. They can't be much better than the XXR wheels and they lasted many races in the old car and only cost $85ea. 

Any opinions and/or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance........

They have a datsun set from rota if you aren't above using knockoff wheels, although from a more reputable source. At least better than using a knock off wheel and a wheel spacer.

They have them in their RKR and RBR variants and come usually in 17x9-13 and 17x9.5-19. You could get sqaure 17x9.5-19. Depending on the tire it may be a bit of a balloon, or you could step down a size. 

Rota grid classic also make a 16x9 -15 wheel which is a bit wider than what you have and may fit some wider tires.

Caveat emptor, racing on knock off wheels has its own realm of concerns. Some people do it, others say they would never do it.

Personally 17's look a bit too big to me. Granted tire choices in the 16 size is pretty poor.

5 minutes ago, seattlejester said:

They have a datsun set from rota if you aren't above using knockoff wheels, although from a more reputable source. At least better than using a knock off wheel and a wheel spacer.

They have them in their RKR and RBR variants and come usually in 17x9-13 and 17x9.5-19. You could get sqaure 17x9.5-19. Depending on the tire it may be a bit of a balloon, or you could step down a size. 

Rota grid classic also make a 16x9 -15 wheel which is a bit wider than what you have and may fit some wider tires.

Caveat emptor, racing on knock off wheels has its own realm of concerns. Some people do it, others say they would never do it.

Personally 17's look a bit too big to me. Granted tire choices in the 16 size is pretty poor.

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.

1 minute ago, northwoodz said:

I have a set of wheels that just arrived at the house from that same EBay seller, will let you know if they fall apart and attempt murder on me. They showed up really fast all the way from Malaysia. 

Cool, thanks. What set did you buy?

Unpacked the wheels last night, got tires mounted and test fit on the car. Interestingly once they were in the states were sent next day air to me.  Very pleased with the overall quality of these. The castings and finish is very nice, the powder coat is tough too I had a couple whoops moments getting the tires on, not a scratch left behind. The only negative thing I can say so far is there is clear packing tape holding the lip protectors on in the box, if you don't take your time removing it will leave residue all over your new wheels.

It will be awhile before I can actually road test them though, I still have a ton of work to do to the car. Should be a good test subject for them being on a heavy 2+2 with some torque. 

I will post plenty of pics in my build thread. Didn't want to clog up your post with my junk. Hope this helps in your decision. I would not hesitate to deal with this guy on EBay. We talked back and fourth for a few days before pulling the trigger. He is good to deal with.