HybridZ

New widebody kit design

Interesting, kind of see an homage to the 280zx, 350z and such in there. 

Some reality checks. 

Center exhaust exit is usually not really viable since your gas tank sits there.

Curving around the tire is good, but when it goes all the way to the door sill like that in the rear, jacking up the car without anti-droop coilovers means the tire will rip off the side skirt.

The rear departure angle is a bit too shallow, if you live on a parking lot that might work, but without air ride or even with it going up a moderate incline is going to grind down the diffuser.

Center hood bump may be aesthetically pleasing, but most engines kind of use that space. Hence the bulge, having a dip is going to be a bit restricting.

Hi Seattlejetster,

so sorry for not mentioning that this car will be a track car, so it won’t be going around shopping malls looking for what’s on sale on the weekend.

since it’s a race, the stock fuel tank will NOT be used, maybe I can snake the exhaust around it.

ripping the side skirts will not be an issue because the suspension is designed to travel 2” up and 2” down. 

There are no changes on the hood other than the two heat exit vents from the radiator and intercooler.

In the end, this is just a rendering, so little thing might change as my build goes along.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Just checked out your instagram. Looks very familiar, but you definitely did it better with your mesh wire. I taped over the wire frame that I made and it was a PITA to get the level right. Very nicely done!

I'm also really impressed with your suspension uprights. So many of them are just thick steel flat uprights. Yours are much more sophisticated. I'm sure based on the rest of it that you have all your geometry and FEA calculated out. It looks like it's really done right. Again, very nicely done!

097.JPG

Edited by JMortensen

Sven, wheel size are 18 x 11 - 295 or 305 tires front and 18 x 12 - 315 rears.

Jmortensen

Thanks for the positive comments, there will be a lot adjustability on the suspension. What size tire are you running? Any build thread?

Thanks Rick

Edited by skyline240z

Rick, thanks for the info.

I have 17x9.5 and 12.5, already have 315's and planning on 275 fronts. 

With my mustang offset front brakes and wheels it should end up close to yours

... Just thinking out loud, keep up the good work!

Loving this! Epic work sir, definitely will be following closely on your IG page. 

Front suspension looks amazing, I've thought about a double a arm kit, but that is next level!

Really like all your progress pics for the body work, it's always great being able to learn! Are you just laying down fiberglass over the chickenwire forms? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...