HybridZ

Engine dies after medium throttle input

This is my first carburetor car and I am still getting rid of the intake and exhaust leak from the rear cylinders with a gasket I ordered. My issue now is the car runs fine at idle, but the second you take it down the road and try to get it moving the carbs seems to run out of fuel inside the bowl. My 260z has a filter athe bottom of the tank to electric pump, up the body to the engine bay into large cannister filter to vacuum mechanical fuel pump to dual Weber carbs. The 3-5 psi required by carbs I easy for the newish pump under the car now. I am thinking that the mechanical fuel pump cannister in the engine bay of my 260z should be bypassed by the electrical pump I have near the gas tank. I believe the fuel delivery is my issue with a engine that can be running the suddenly die after burning a bit of gas with a longer rev. When I'm able to I'll try to see if I can pressure test the system and see if it's better to bypass.

Edited by youztheclue