HybridZ

HybridZ PNW Auto-x Day

Ben280

Race Day  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which date are you more likely to be able to make?

• August 11/12
    • September 15/16
    • Both!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/18 at 06:59 AM

We don't do fun runs on Sunday, helps people get out of there a little sooner! The competition portion of the event is usually around 6 runs, and the fun runs at the end of the day is usually at least that many. 

Classing headaches should be avoided at all cost. The SCCA rule book is a real serious read, particularly when you get into the prepared rules where the GCR comes into play!

We haven't had anybody build a car for tuner challenge, its more or less designed to be a catch all for new drivers who's cars may or may not be appropriately classed. Some really common modifications, particularly around boost, put cars into REALLY high prep classes, so we tried to make it easy. 

Jon, you'd probably like the E-Mod rule set, although it doesn't allow wings. SCCA has been real hesitant to allow open aero in classes for fear of people spending heaps and heaps of cash. 

Edited by Ben280

I'd get obliterated in EM, although I probably won't fare much better in XP.

Ideally I'd like an open class where cars were divided on power to weight instead of displacement. Can always just run for time. It's more about making the car fast and improving my skills than winning a jacket.

I'm just excited to see cars being driven hard.

I invited a friend so pretty sure we are going to try for the August date first. Didn't get my cat in and not having driven it in a while I've forgotten how loud it was. Going to see if a muffler shop can squeeze me in.

Having some issues with my mufflers. I was too loud last time, so I repacked with ceramic wool, then added supertrapps on the tips. The supertrapps are getting plugged by the wool. Took wool out, will replace with stainless scrubble, but that means that it won't reduce as much sound.

I think I'm going to try the local autox in Monroe, WA as it's about 8 mi from my house and if they say I'm too loud it's not 4.5 hours driving to figure it out like Packwood. The Monroe autox is at Evergreen Speedway. It's a 1/4 mile oval track, and they run it like a tiny roval. No cone shagging, supposed to get 15 runs,  but entries are limited to 70 people.

Sounds good to me!! I think the supertrapps will have a huge effect. Another easy trick if you have space is wrapping the entire exhaust with header wrap. That will take a couple DB's out if you're right on the edge. 

It's annoying to be sure, but it is honestly just to help us be good neighbors and keep sites. Particularly where it's been a sensitive topic, we don't want to push the issue. So your efforts are very appreciated, hope you make sound in Monroe and come join us in August/September!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday we just run an AM session, usually packing up and hitting the road around 1-2. I'm usually back in PDX before 6!

Reminder/bump for the weekend. Saturday will be fun, we are doing a region BBQ, so bring something and come hang out!

If you'd like to save some time, online pre-reg is available! https://scorekeeper.wwscc.org/register/or2018/events 

Edited by Ben280

Awesome weekend, was stoked that SeattleJester was able to make it out! Couple mechanical issues for both of us on Sunday, but I'm excited to get back up there for September. Hoping a few other members will be able to make it up as well! 

• 3 weeks later...

Next opportunity to hang out with your Z buddies is just a week away! Slap that pre-reg link and save $5 off your entry fee!

Pre reg link: https://scorekeeper.wwscc.org/register/or2018/events

all sorts of good info: http://www.oregonscca.com/solo---autocross.html

Let me know if you have any questions!! 

Bummer on both counts! Saturday was a great day, was high overcast but fully dry. Afternoon test and tune was fun, I ended up messing with shocks a whole bunch. Sunday was real wet, but I did figure out some stuff with the rain tires. 

More events next year, so look out for those!