HybridZ

In case somebody wants some chunks translated just let me know ^^

So far is was about an idiotic regulation here in germany where you can only increase power 40% over stock, then you need to supply a stiffness evaluation certificate for the car (above 10k€ ...) and the old SR20 CA18 discussion regarding aftermarket parts etc. I just asked for the 2+2 bumper parts ^^

More Germans!
I'm not alone in an English-Language Forum!!
:cheers:

On a side-note, about 40% additional power:
I asked about that regarding another (cancelled/postponed) project, and the people I asked (Volkswagen-fans and A TÜV ENGINEER) had never heard of it.
Also, there's some old Muscle in Germany getting the pretty sticker with over 700hp where the 40% are far gone.
So I don't know if a lot of people just don't know, or if that rule was actually "retired".

Max

The guys with german cars don't know anything, they all mostly use already completed certificates of somebody else or VW directly. It won't be so easy for cars the TÜV doesn't even know and you won't get any technical reports from these car makers.

Edited by Ereschkigal

I asked in another forum (German language), and someone sent me a list of conditions the TÜV puts up for 20, 40, or over 40% more power which he got from a BMW-forum.
The list is...kinda insanely long (and expensive), and having to do all of it would cost easily a few ten-thousand Euros.
Some stuff is fairly easy (like finding out how much power the car puts out), other things would be expensive (like the "Fahrerprobung", which apparently means you have to rent out a racetrack or similar), or the "Fahrversuch", done by a TÜV-engineer over 2000km.
Apparently VW holds a lot of paperwork even for modified cars, a luxury other car-makers don't grand the customers.

T_V.jpg[

Max