HybridZ

Barking Problem

joyce_mor

I am hoping that you could help me with my concern about the excessive barking behavior of my Basset Hound. I just move in into a new apartment and have already received a complaint from my neighbors about my dog. I am thinking of using a bark collar, but I don't know which type should I purchase. I think that he is unhappy with our new place the reason why he keeps on creating unwanted sound. I hope that a dog owner from this community can somehow help me out. I am up this late, due to the fact that he keeps on howling. 

Edited by joyce_mor

Dogs didn't evolve to live in apartments. They need to be outside where they can be dogs and get exercise - a lot of exercise.  They are also social (pack) animals, and become anxious when left alone.  The shock collar is not the solution. 

If you keep your dog in the apartment and don't do the right things to help him thrive  he will become fat and neurotic i.e. you will have a fat dog that is depressed/anxious and barks a lot.

Your choices are:

• Take a class on dog behavior and
  • Move to a place suitable for dogs

If you are not prepared to learn about dog behavior, exercise him every day and provide your dog with a proper environment then give him to someone who does.

Happy coincidence?

The Mfactory post a while back also set off a few triggers, but turns out just someone not very experienced. I mean it is odd, but not as odd as the bots posting weird essays randomly. 

I've gotten some disturbingly useful or accurate information on the internet before. You never know who on the side knows a ton about other subjects. 

Her asking a dog question is a testimony to the high regard people have for the HybridZ community. 

I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.

- John Steinbeck

Edited by Miles