HybridZ

Hood Designs

rooger82

Hey everyone just looking for some input on what you guys would like to see on a hood. As we all know the Z market is hotter than ever so I am conducting a little market research as to what you guys would like. Louvered, Cowl, Ram air ducts, etc. If you guys have any pictures of hoods on other cars as examples that would be much appreciated too. 

Want to thank everyone in advance for any input given. 

Everyone who might be looking at this thread please keep in mind this is some input I am getting for a manufacturer. I am not making any hoods myself in my garage or making some one off hood in a body shop. Hood ideas of what you would like or feel would best suite the car dont need to be existing hoods for the S30, they can even be other designs you have seen on other cars. 

Originally I was building a pretty stout L28et and had purchased both the drivers side Naca duct and regular passenger side vent from a 280ZX being parted with the intent to weld onto my stock 240Z hood. I had the sellers cut a little extra metal border so that I could retain the factory beveled contour and weld these in to look flush and as if the factory had made it. about half way through plans changed and I sold all my L engine parts and went with a Toyota 2JZGTE which has the turbo and intake on opposing sides. I think the 280ZX style ducted/vented style hood would be beneficial for all L series engines (turbo or NA) allowing cooling air on the drivers side in and at slow to idling speeds venting out hot trapped air on the passenger side.  Just my 2 cents worth...

P1030133_IRFV.jpg

P1030134_IRFV.jpg

P1030138_IRFV.jpg

P1030140_IRFV.jpg

P1030142_IRFV.jpg

P1030143_IRFV.jpg

P1030144_IRFV.jpg

P1030150_IRFV.jpg

Edited by Nelsonian

16 hours ago, Nelsonian said:

Originally I was building a pretty stout L28et and had purchased both the drivers side Naca duct and regular passenger side vent from a 280ZX being parted with the intent to weld onto my stock 240Z hood. I had the sellers cut a little extra metal border so that I could retain the factory beveled contour and weld these in to look flush and as if the factory had made it. about half way through plans changed and I sold all my L engine parts and went with a Toyota 2JZGTE which has the turbo and intake on opposing sides. I think the 280ZX style ducted/vented style hood would be beneficial for all L series engines (turbo or NA) allowing cooling air on the drivers side in and at slow to idling speeds venting out hot trapped air on the passenger side.  Just my 2 cents worth...

P1030133_IRFV.jpg

So a 280zx vented hood on the S30. Maybe with the 2 vents for the sake of symmetry. 

280zx vented.jpg