HybridZ

240Z Body panels, Frame Straightening questions, Bumper question.

Question 1...

I have a early 71 240Z that I'm restoring a bit. I want to get it in the paint shop soon but seems there is always some obstacle. My car was slightly hit in the front right headlight bucket area from the Prior Owner I guess. I was getting around to pulling panels and noticed my right (Passenger side) front bumper bracket sits about an inch lower than the right and the metal looks to be slightly caved in near the passenger side of the radiator.

Is this considered (Frame Straightening) or is it more of just pulling out the sheet metal a bit? I can almost move it out with my bare hand by pulling on it. Is there a proper way to do this like with a come along and a tree or is this something I should pay to have straightend at a shop?

Question 2.

I have a set of doors that need work. One is rusted at the bottom and showing a few small rust holes but the body lines creases are straight in the door, then I have another door that is rust free but the body line creases are bashed in pretty bad and it would need to be reformed with filler.

In your opinions, is it better to repair the door with rust and good lines or repair the rust free door that is bashed in? Or I guess option 3 keep looking to buy a good set of doors?

Question 3.

I just picked up a 73 240z running parts car that only has one small dent in the front bumper as opposed to my 71 bumper that is mangled. Is it possible to use a 73 outer bumper on my 71, I want to keep it original but not sure if they are the same thing, I know the brackets are different but I was wondering if it was possible to separate the chrome bumper from the bracket and change the mounts some how. Figure it's good to ask here before experimentin lol.

20180626_180407.jpg

20180626_181644.jpg

20180611_195214.jpg

20180611_195223.jpg

Question 1: If you don't know what you're doing, and you're not willing to spend the time looking up how to fix it, I would absolutely take it to someone who does know how to fix it. This isn't a slight against you, I have no idea how much time or money you have. 

Question 2: If the area where the door has rusted is still in tact on that bashed up door, then cut out that portion of the door and weld it onto the area where the rusted door after cutting away the cancer.

Question 3:

My car was pushed over ever so slightly in the same area. I basically bent and beat it back into shape by hand,  using a variety of beating and bending tools. 

Regarding repairing the doors, it is hard to say without seeing the exact doors. If the rust isn't bad, that is probably the easier rout. If the whole bottom is smoked, well then I would go for the other door.