HybridZ
jgkurz

New Front End Alignment - Not what I was hoping for

Posted (edited)

I upgraded to adjustable lower control arms and was able to fix the rear toe. Below are the new alignment specs. Drives and steers much better. Thank you for all the help on this one. Can't wait to get it to the track for some real testing. 

30088421408_f9252cb6fa_c.jpg

Edited by jgkurz

Glad to hear! That front toe setting really wasn't doing you any favors either, I wonder if it was incorrectly measured last time or if something had been changed since. That looks nicely dialed in, you'll want more camber depending on how much you track it. :2thumbs:

Posted (edited)

The car is on the street most of it's life. I occasionally participate in track days, autocross, and even drag racing on a rare occasion. If I find my self doing more track days I'll add more neg camber. The caster @ 3.5deg is already getting close to my front fender. I might be able to get to 4deg but that's probably the max. 

How much neg camber would you run for a car like mine that sees both street and track time? Just curious. 

This weekend I have been invited to a drift event which will be entirely new for me. I will probably be the oldest one there at 50. Ha! I don't plan on ragging on my car too much but I might enjoy sliding around a bit with some friends and family doing the same. I need new tires anyways so I figured why not give it a try. 

Edited by jgkurz