HybridZ

L28 with SU carbs bogs and doesnt run right

Hi. Greetings from the UK and a new proud S30 owner.

I have just picked up my first z car a 240z with L28 engine running the earlier twin SU carbs. 

The car hasn't run much in a few years but seems mechanically sound. Driving the car back 200 miles the car ran fine for 100 odd miles. Then started to develop a bogging issue. Loss of throttle. No power at all.

Ended up getting the car recovered home.

Now the car starts fine and idles sweet enough. But I still have this bogging issue, after running the car up to temp and driving maybe 10 minutes or more it appears. Where should I start to look? 

I've cleaned out the pistons In the carbs and put new damper fluid in. 

I've also bought a colourtune kit and carb balancer and will change the plugs too. Could these things be the problem? 

Thanks. 

Thanks guys. 

Fuel filter looks good.

Yes this was also suggested regarding the fuel percolation. How do you fix this juxsa? Any ideas buddy. Is this a common issue regarding the L28 when running the carbs instead of EFI? 

Go to the Ztherapy web site.  Open the Videos link and buy the video ZTV09 "just SUs"      http://www.ztherapy.com/

The video explains how SU carbs work and how to repair and tune them properly. You must understand how SU carbs work in order to troubleshoot and tune them. Watch the video several times until you understand how the SU works and the tuning procedures.

Also, there are dozens of "How To" tune/repair  SU carbs write ups on the internet. 

Study the video.  All of the answers are there.

Ok thanks Miles. Great.

I am aware that I need to learn this info and am a bit of a sucker for trying to do things correctly. So had been looking on the internet and found this link: 

https://www.z-car.com/blog/cars/tuning-su-carburetors

However if you think it's 100% related to the carbs I'd quite happily buy the videos from ztherapy if they are that good and will help me maintain my car correctly and get it running well.