HybridZ

trying to identify what year this grill is.

staledale

Just trying to figure out what year z this grill is from. I had two grills and they are different. One is off my 1972 but don't know what this on is. can anyone help? The corner has small cut outs my 72 doesn't and a 77 78 has large cut outs.

.facebook_1534527945063.jpg

Edited by staledale

That's the grill that my early 260Z has...  It may be specific to that model because the earlies had pistons in the front requiring the lower 2 slats to be narrower.  The early still used the 240Z style turn signals and valence pieces.  (I have a 1973 front bumper and bumper mounts on the front and the narrow slats aren't really needed for that configuration...)

P_20180820_102744_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Edited by cgsheen
Add picture

I don't know...  I've only seen a couple of 73's and never one with pistons.  The 73's we have had in the shop all had bumper mounts like what I installed on my 260.  These mounts are substantial, nothing like the earlier 240Z mounts.  (I just happened to find a '73 at a pick-n-pull several years ago with fairly good chrome bumpers - whereas my 260 had none at that point...)   A person could certainly use that grill on a '73 240Z though.