HybridZ

Wheel fit

Difficult to say, because every 45 year old car will be slightly different, and you didn't specify what tires you'll be running; but my guess is that you will have some level of interference between the outer wheel/tire and the fenders.  If it's not too bad, the fenders can be rolled to reduce interference.  With the -15 offset, there probably won't be interference with the spring perch on the strut; but no guarantees.

With a few simple tools, you can simulate that size wheel (and tire) and actually take some fairly accurate measurements on your own car, to give you a good idea of what the fitment will be.

This is probably one of the most commonly-asked questions; there are a number of threads on this topic.  You may have to cull through them to find your exact combination, but chances are it's been already been addressed at least once.  Good luck with it.

I don't think so. That is pushing it. I have 16x8.25 +0 offset on 225/50 R16 tires. They are basically touching the front valence in front with the wheels turned. Yours would be wider and stick out more. The issue is not when going straight and at ride height, but when turning and suspension compressed.

I thought I had more pics but I guess not. Maybe this helps give an idea.

qiJSS0q.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, jhm said:

Difficult to say, because every 45 year old car will be slightly different, and you didn't specify what tires you'll be running; but my guess is that you will have some level of interference between the outer wheel/tire and the fenders.  If it's not too bad, the fenders can be rolled to reduce interference.  With the -15 offset, there probably won't be interference with the spring perch on the strut; but no guarantees.

With a few simple tools, you can simulate that size wheel (and tire) and actually take some fairly accurate measurements on your own car, to give you a good idea of what the fitment will be.

This is probably one of the most commonly-asked questions; there are a number of threads on this topic.  You may have to cull through them to find your exact combination, but chances are it's been already been addressed at least once.  Good luck with it.

He is correct, you should either buy one of those measurement tools to determine the ideal offset, etc. or go to a good shop that has one to get the right choice for wheels/tires.  On one of my recent 240Z's we are running 16x8" with a 5" backspace +13 offset and running 16" 245/45 series tires.  You need to measure it with the wheel tool and make sure you go over the details with the wheel manufacturer to ensure you maximize the wheel size for your car.  This car is lowered and the fenders are stock but rolled to ensure no issues.