HybridZ

MEGASquirt coil on plug.

Bobbyblackgoat

I’m new to all of this wiring, but I think I have it mostly figured out other than my coil on plug set up.   I am running megasquirt II v3.57 with the Ford style cop I can not figure out where how or where to wire the coils to.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I’m including a picture of my receipt with the parts I had installed in the ms Incase that helps

FC07CF75-D731-4538-BB8B-08E269E11CEB.jpeg

image.jpg

Doesn’t it say right on that paper ? Where did you buy this from? It’s obvious someone has set this all up for you , why would you call them? 

Looks like it’s set up for batch fire and the paper tells you what driver pins to use . Megasquirt manual does a pretty decent job of describing how to wire this in.

Is this what your asking?

Somewhere there is a harness going from the megasquirt. Lookd like its runnung wasted spark.

This means that 2 coils will fire at the sametime.

Cylinder 1 is front of car, cylinder 6 is towards the rear.

Spark A: 1 and 6

Spark B: 2 and 5

Spark 😄 3 and 4

(Fire order is 1-5-3-6-2-4)

So find SparkA in the harness and connect to 1 and 6, the other wires of the coils go to switched 12v.

same for sparkb and sparkc.

6 hours ago, turbogrill said:

Somewhere there is a harness going from the megasquirt. Lookd like its runnung wasted spark.

This means that 2 coils will fire at the sametime.

Cylinder 1 is front of car, cylinder 6 is towards the rear.

Spark A: 1 and 6

Spark B: 2 and 5

Spark 😄 3 and 4

(Fire order is 1-5-3-6-2-4)

So find SparkA in the harness and connect to 1 and 6, the other wires of the coils go to switched 12v.

same for sparkb and sparkc.

This is exactly what I needed to know thank you so much everything I had looked up online was pointing me in the wrong direction 

From megasquirt you can also put it into test mode. This will fire the coils without adding fuel. This is very useful to make sure you got it right.

So you can fire only SparkA and then make sure that cylinders 1 and 6 are firing (using a timing light or listen). Then do the same for SparkB and SparkC.