HybridZ

Chickenwing's 77 280Z

Edit:  I think I'm going to switch to this 77 at the bottom.

I got my Z bug back. Been looking. Not much to pick from in Mississippi.  Picked up a 280ZX Turbo for a powerplant last Saturday. Found this hulk of a 75 today. She is in really bad shape, but she is mine. Edit: Changed to build thread per suggestion.

IMG_6299.JPG

IMG_6300.JPG

IMG_6301.JPG

IMG_6302.JPG

IMG_6303.JPG

Edited by Chickenwing
Change to build thread

Thank you for the tip on the bell housing, however the transmission is long gone.  Also thank you for the idea on the build thread,  I haven't done Internet forums since I built my 72 Chevy pick up over a decade ago.  I think a build thread is an excellent idea!  I'm going to concentrate on the turbo for now.  I am hoping before I am done with that a better chassis will pop up that I can afford.  In the meantime I will give her a good wash and see what she looks like. 

Congrats I'm looking for a 1975 Z sentimental reasons (i was born in 75) i currently have a 1977.  Looks like thats mostly dirt and moss or mold please post a pic after washing it.  I currently have a 1972 lined up that is in alot worst shape then yours.

Lol. It's been in Mississippi humidity parked under an oak tree. The good: The outside isn't so bad. Interior fairly complete. All glass is good but windscreen. Front rails look ok. Kinda like the wheels, I'll bead em and hope they turn out. The bad:  The pans are shot as well as the supports. Hood is rusted up pretty good, normal rear hatch rust on body, valance can be seen through. I'll hafta bond the title if I want to put it on the road. Long story short: girlfriend will probably be a parts car.

• 2 weeks later...

She cleaned up pretty nice,  I bought a '78 basket case that looked almost as bad as yours.  I am well into the restomod of mine.  I started a build thread, I'm going with a RB25 powerplant and looking to emulate a 240's outer appearance.  

Edited by Jethoncho

Forgive me for blogging. Probably an uninteresting post. Feel free to skip. : ) 

Broke out my engine stand. Haven't used it since I transferred from Sacramento. Found my buddy Eddie's SBC hardware in my trusty Crown Royal bag. Memories!   Tried to out the broken engine stud. Drill won't reach. Gonna hafta pull the manifolds to drill it out properly. So no joy tonight in getting it on the stand. Discovered the harmonic balancer bolt and the front pan bolts are missing. Damn. This does not bode well. Hopefully it is as clean inside as the borescope shows...IMG_6377.thumb.JPG.1e9f2bc332de8b221c37774d7957590d.JPGIMG_6375.thumb.JPG.9fb92bbc6c1eeb5d397eccb739b7fea3.JPGIMG_6381.thumb.JPG.a1f9a9d1b51750fa24f41b4b49771896.JPG

IMG_6379.JPG

IMG_6382.JPG