HybridZ

Brake Line Locks

Wondering if anyone has installed a brake line lock on their S30? Considering installing one, need to decide between a simple in line lock to the rear in order to isolate the rear brakes or to use an electronic line lock plumped to the front brakes to hold pressure in the lines. 

Anybody got some experience/thoughts?

Are you trying to use it as a temporary means to have a parking brake, or do you just wanna do burnouts?

If you're trying to use it as a parking brake, just know that if pressure is able to get through the linelock (which they have a tendency to do) eventually your parking brake will lose pressure and basically turn off.

If it's just for burnouts, I'd get the cheaper one, because you're gonna need the extra money for more tires.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:59 PM, Neverdone said:

Are you trying to use it as a temporary means to have a parking brake, or do you just wanna do burnouts?

I want it to help with burnouts pre 1/4 mile while saving wear on the rear brakes.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:59 PM, Neverdone said:

If it's just for burnouts, I'd get the cheaper one, because you're gonna need the extra money for more tires.

I was thinking originally of just getting the inline valve type so I can just lock off the rear brakes but then I thought if I am doing it it might be worth getting the electronic type that can lock pressure in the fronts, just because it makes doing a burnout so easy. However its not exactly hard and once the rear brakes are locked off I do not need to worry about wear, plus it will help me keep a neater looking bay. So I may just go for the cheaper option. 

I don't plan on smoking he tyres for long so hopefully I don;t get through them too quick.

JHM - Thanks, I clearly don't know how to use the search properly because I didn't manage to find those posts when I tried a search.

I am doing the same thing with the electric line lock but using it to lock out the rear brakes. To keep a cleaner engine compartment..plus it would feel weird not using my foot on the brake pedal when doing a burnout...

But dont forget to release it when your done or you wont have rear brakes when you get to the end of the track...