HybridZ

I want to add a pair of LED lights to the front of my 1970 240Z to help with night driving. I've removed the front bumper so I'd attach them to this custom mesh grill I fabricated and attached on top of the stock grill to protect my radiator and front oil cooler from debris. I track the car so in a perfect world, the lights would also have optional plastic covers avail.  I had this set-up with my 914 years ago and it worked great.  Looking for a pair that will throw the most light without drawing too much from my 60 amp alternator.  Suggestions?  Thanks!

You might consider just really upgrading the headlights, I am using these and I think there are other places selling them cheaper but get it with the factory relay so all 5 elements can be on at high beam setting; these will be so bright I think there is no need for a fog light INMO

https://headlightrevolution.com/vision-x-pair-of-7-round-vortex-led-headlights-chrome/

Good headlights are not cheap.  I've been looking at the Truck-lite LED units for a while.  They seem to be one of the most affordable options of high-quality lighting, IMHO.

14 hours ago, jhm said:

Good headlights are not cheap.  I've been looking at the Truck-lite LED units for a while.  They seem to be one of the most affordable options of high-quality lighting, IMHO.

I agree.  I'll check those out.  Thanks.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, Sandy455 said:

I agree.  I'll check those out.  Thanks.

I researched the truck & off road headlights and the Vision X to me was the best and was rated the best in many sites.  Fortunately our 7" round is used on Jeep's, 911's, and many other cars.  Definitely get them with their optional relay so all five elements will go on when on high beam mode.  Also make sure you are looking at current models as there are some older Vision X, they are all good but the more current ones provide incredible light output.

Those Vision X pieces look nice, but too rich for my blood right now.  For the time being, I've converted to Hella housings with the best H4 bulbs I could find (and obviously, fed directly off the alternator).  Worlds better than the crappy old sealed beams.

Here's another interesting option for LED headlights....anyone using these?  Seems like a good price, and Silvermine is known for quality products.

https://www.silverminemotors.com/datsun/datsun-280z/body-parts/240z-260z-280z-led-headlight-low-beam-hi-beam-driving-light-blinker-sae-dot-compliant