HybridZ

Z car garage brakes

Just wanted to know if anyone is running z car garage brakes. They are supposed to be bolt on without using adjustable proportioning valve, and don’t have to upgrade master cylinder. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanks.

To not upgrade the master cylinder, means you're pushing the same amount of fluid, which means you're not pushing a larger caliper cylinder, which means you're not running a larger caliper.

The only way an "upgrade" could do this, would be changing out your brake pads, and possibly rotors with holes drilled in them. 

Doesn't sound like much of an upgrade.

Changing the master cylinder changes the amount of force required at the pedal to achieve stopping power, and the distance the pedal travels.  It's really about pedal feel, not performance, so it's more personal preference than "required".

blu didn't really give enough info to answer his question.  Post a link to the brakes.  Not even sure who "z car garage" is.

Z  car garage has a brake upgrade is what the call it with great pedal feel with disc brakes in front & rear I seen there car at Sema the builder told me they did a lot of R & D and they have the best upgrade on the market for a 240z. When I called to get info they informed me you could only purchase the brake kit if they install it or if your a shop. Let me know what other info you may need and I’ll try and provide it. I think the cost is to high, but I understand you have to make a return when you spend money on R & D

Yeah, that really doesn't provide a lot of info on what they include in their "brake upgrade".  I checked out their website and couldn't find any info about any specific products. 

There are many threads here about brake upgrades, for both the front and rear (to include rear disk swaps).  Probably a good thing to peruse those before you hand a bunch of your hard-earned dough to a shop for something you may or may not be happy with at the end of the day.

Good find, Nelsonian....that was buried pretty deep on the website.  

Looks like some pretty pieces of hardware, although it does seem odd that the rear disk conversion (and possibly larger front calipers?) would work well w/o any master cylinder changes.  I'd be interested to know what they're charging for everything.  (blu240Z, do you have that info?)

20 hours ago, blu240z said:

Yeah I’ve beven looking at azc brake kit also how do you like your set up, which front & rear kit did you go with Nelsonian ?

I bought the standard AZC  Wilwood kit from the silver Vildini shop car 240Z. They only have less than 4k miles on them. I also bought member Woza custom rear parking brake brackets and also have member Tim O version. Unfortunately my car is in pieces waiting for one day to be finished. I have heard nothing but positive comments on the azc kit though. 

P1030446_IRFV.jpg

P1030449_IRFV.jpg

post-736-0-33267600-1399691712_IRFV.jpg

Edited by Nelsonian

• 1 month later...

Nicely made brackets-  Wilwood spot parking brake caliper.. I made brackets that were one piece about 15 years ago for the rear of a Z for those same calipers only laser cut steel not CNC like  everything is now. 

Wonder why they made the rear so you have to pull  the stub axle to bolt it on though. Seems like overkill